POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The results of the jury trial doesn't affect people's beliefs or first amendment rights. So long as we still have them. He walked while others in worse situations have been convicted. I guess they didn't get the right judge or got the wrong prosecutors

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Talking about a woman who worked for the NYT. How many different sources do you want me to give you before you’ll respond to the content, rather than the bull shit you did here?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I did respond to the content.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Until quite recently, the mainstream liberal argument was that burning down businesses for racial justice was both good and healthy. Burnings allowed for the expression of righteous rage, and the businesses all had insurance to rebuild."

This is not a person who I am able to take seriously. Sorry, the above is hyperbolic bullshit, laying few people's wild words at the feet of the mainstream.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, it is a neoliberal, conservative apologist rag. Imagine the kind of site someone would run to if they wanted to complain about them!

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Where? The post 3 minutes after this one?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And people say I miss the forest for the trees. Again, how many sources do you need me to send you that aren’t this one before you’ll discuss the story itself, which is about the NYT refusing to publish the article until after the election?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The content is trash. That's a response

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a quote from the woman. Lol, that isn't a news piece. That statement is a ridiculous political shot. That was and is not a "mainstream" idea of any kind. So how can I take anything she says at face value if she thinks that is a mainstream sentiment?

You might as well just dictate my posts, if that is the sort shit you are going to point to. You can make up whatever you want, like Tucker Carlson.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not really commenting on how you feel about the verdict of the trial. I'm more focused, at least in that line of posting, about your leadership comments for Biden. He's fueling more divisiveness. Harris too. Insinuating the jury got it wrong.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I asked this before, but: did OJ Simpson kill Nicole Brown?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't think you're actually reading my posts. The post you quoted in this response very clearly indicates that I understand VD was alluding to false narratives being widespread and not limited to this case or a specific viewpoint. I acknowledged that in the post you quoted, but stated that I don't think the "rigged election" "Trump actually won" shit is anywhere close to as dangerous because it's not part of the mainstream. It's fringe. Most people don't subscribe to it. I don't even think most Republicans/Conservatives subscribe to it. It's not prevalent enough to where if you disagree with it, you could lose your job.

But this Rittenhouse shit IS in the mainstream. A man was FIRED from his JOB for contributing to Rittenhouse's defense. Do you not understand how batshit crazy that is? Fundraising websites actively PREVENTED Rittenhouse, who has now been found not guilty, from raising funds for his defense. Mainstream media actively spread lies and continues to spread lies and false narratives about Rittenhouse. My fiance, (Again, a registered democrat) is literally afraid to tell her liberal friends she disagrees with their Rittenhouse stances because of how angry they are about shit that isn't even true. Is this what we want the country to be like moving forward? I sure as hell hope not.

I don't have a problem with further exploring your questions about "two good guys with a gun," but it doesn't really have anything to do with the issues I've identified above.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is there direct video evidence of the moment she died?

You're kind of speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You're arguing in one post about "two good guys with a gun," basically stating the law, as it stands, allows for these sorts of situations to take place within the parameters of legality. But then in another post, you're insinuating Rittenhouse being found not guilty doesn't necessarily mean he's actually not guilty.

Pick a lane, IP.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://nypost.com/2021/11/19/new-y...tory-until-after-2020-election-nellie-bowles/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...thheld-Kenosha-riots-story-2020-election.html

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-york-times-held-report-kenosha-2020-election

https://www.yahoo.com/now/york-times-held-kenosha-riots-005057509.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...enosha-coverage-until-after-the-2020-election

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...orting-until-after-election-says-ex-reporter/

https://www.thewrap.com/ny-times-held-kenosha-riots-story-until-after-2020-election/

https://www.dailyadvent.com/news/am...about-Kenosha-riots-until-after-2020-election

Any of these work for you? Any chance you'll actually comment on the content? You can very clearly see when the article was posted, so she's not lying that it didn't get published until after the election.

Maybe consider that she's taking the political shot because of what happened with this story?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

A man was fired, so it is mainstream? Is that the argument? I don't agree with him being fired. What else do you want? You just shared with me a story where the source claimed it was a mainstream view that burning down businesses was good and just. Uh, no? That's not a mainstream viewpoint.

You are trying to make me defend things I didn't say, don't believe, etc and also want to call them mainstream. Okay. They're not, but you do you.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have stated my positions. You don't agree with them. Accept it, it happens often.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pretty much.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bowles said she was sent to report on the “mainstream liberal argument” that vandalizing buildings for racial justice was not detrimental because businesses had insurance.

It's not a mainstream liberal argument. That's bullshit. There is my commentary on the content. The words she is saying are bullshit. The narrative being framed is not true. It is a a false narrative. You may not agree. You may believe false narratives. That's your prerogative. I can clearly see what she is saying is bullshit.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Reasons it's mainstream (since you only acknowledged one), all pulled directly from my previous post:
    • A man was FIRED from his JOB for contributing to Rittenhouse's defense.
    • Fundraising websites actively PREVENTED Rittenhouse, who has now been found not guilty, from raising funds for his defense.
    • Mainstream media actively (not to mention politicians) spread lies and continues to spread lies and false narratives about Rittenhouse.
    • My fiance, (again, a registered democrat) is literally afraid to tell her liberal friends she disagrees with their Rittenhouse stances because of how angry they are about shit that isn't even true.
    There is a ton of evidence that suggests you can be ostracized in our society if you believe Kyle Rittenhouse did not commit murder. Evidence that suggests it's fairly common for people to be ostracized for that belief. That's a problem. You and VD responded saying "Trump, Trumpers, Republicans." Cool. Let's see your evidence that proves you can be ostracized for not aligning with the narratives of Trump, Trumpers, Republicans. That's what I want from you. If they're equivalent, let's see the evidence.

And after you refuse to provide any (because it doesn't exist), I'd like for you to acknowledge that this shit (outlined above) is a big [uck fay]ing problem.