POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

And how about this dandy:

Public school libraries are “a forum for government speech,” not a “forum for free expression,” according to a legal brief.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This "government boogeyman" shit has just about destroyed any semblance of possible governmental work that can be done these days. And I blame JFK for redecorating Dallas in 1963 for that.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I know at our school system they have to have a parent/guardian permission slip before showing anything that isn’t rated G.

I don’t really want my kids seeing some of the bullshit out there with the crazy LGBTQ kid book shit, but if the parents are informed and have to give permission before they’re exposed to it.

Seems like the best option for everyone but that’s not going to work for either side.

IP, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think it’s a boogeyman though.

Is it the cause of every issue in society, no. But our current system is a [uck fay]ing scam that’s rigged, and on its death bed in my opinion and hope.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Government is bad! Less government!

Unless we're using it to control people we don't like. Then it's more, more, more!!!

Anyone out there still pulling for DeSantis should pay closer attention to what's happening in Florida.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its freedom of speech against freedom of speech.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

IP works for Israel

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I have what may be a dumb question, but why are kids on either side going to school right now? My kids school is 20 minutes away. If bombs were going off all around me, no way in hell I’m sending my kids to school. “See ya later! Or maybe not! Have a great day!”

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

School vouchers don't cover the cost of sending a kid to your local private school. You know, inflation and what-not. Let's expand the curriculum to the Public schools for our base.

I will admit ignorance. I did not know there was a thing called "government speech" protected or not.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's that simple. You have your G/ "E for everyone" stuff, then have some other categories that are not readily accessible. Parents opt in for whatever level of violence/historical realism and whatever level of things relating to sex/gender their kid can browse or checkout. Just have it in sections/shelves. Not hard.

gcbvol likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Answer: There isn't.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Well, I guess I don't feel so dumb.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

@Indy Any more questions for me?

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-776594

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd probably be for Desantis if he wasn't willing to do the damn thing conservatives have complained about since Reagan to get the right's support. He's got some practical ideas I like that get lost in all this crap.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why does the video not match what was described in the text? What a lie.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

My answer would be, "we have to be careful to respect the first amendment even when the speech is horrendous. We are a nation of rights."

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's Stefanik. She's looking for political hay and a "Just a yes or no, please" gets it done when you have smarty pants Ivy League pointy heads thinking in 15 shades of grey. It's a cleverly crafted question talking about genocide, but not said in a way where it's directed at someone to constitute actual bullying.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So harassing you in your labs and chanting death to all scientists in your face would be fine then. Free speech and whatnot.
    I disagree. It’s a direct threat and should be dealt with as threats should be.