Random Thoughts on MLB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by volfanjo, Apr 9, 2012.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yeah and the games they broadcast on the MLB network are normally just some great baseball. The insight from Harold Reynolds is just great and he was one of my favorites when I followed the Mariners in the early 90's

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I almost hate when MLB Network is broadcasting a game at night, because the MLB Tonight show is so fantastic. If it ain't the Cardinals I'd much rather watch that than another entire game.

Different subject, I've heard some chatter about there being a move to change the save rule, but I've never been able to catch specifically what there was talk about changing. Has anybody heard? I'm guessing limiting the innings? I always hated how a guy who comes in in the 7th inning and gives up a lead gets a blown save on his stats and the team's when he clearly wasn't gonna end up getting a save anyway.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And now Cole Hamels is suspended for 5 games. I believe that's horseshit.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Watching the Mets/Phils game last night. Was nice to see Palpelbons reaction when Jordany Valdespin cranks a GW 3 run shot as his first hit in the majors

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes it is. Pure shit.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I think he got suspended on the principle of ignorance alone......I mean why admit you beaned him on purpose?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why lie about? Everyone knew it was a welcome to the big leagues moment.

Stealing home on Lee was better payback than missing a start.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Well, if Cole hadnt said anything, he would have, more then likely, not been suspended. Not saying the suspension was correct, but if you are Hamels, why admit it?

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I knew from the get go that Brandon Inge was going to be nothing but trade bait, but I'm still going to throw things when Beane trades him for prospects around the trade deadline.