Rating Dormady

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Sep 5, 2017.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I thought he played well. Some awful overthrown balls early but he's got a great arm. The no read option has to stop.

I'd probably give him a B, all things considered.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Agree. Didn't wilt in pressure. Threw some gutsy balls that could have gone other way. Got us in and out of the huddle. Heckuva first start.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He never looked off his primary receiver. Defense just followed his eyes to where the ball would be thrown and sent a crowd to there. Shocked there were not any tip drill interceptions.

4. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Didn't make progressions. Threw into triple/quadruple coverage a few times. Displayed some very happy feet. Didn't seem very accurate for half the night.

Also had about 6 drops that made it look worse than it was.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agreed, for all of these reasons. He was terrible, and were it not for Calloway and Kelly, this subject wouldn't even be worthy of a discussion.

Terrible. Not terrible enough to lose. But terrible, nonetheless.

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

D first half

B second

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Had some potential INTs that didn't happen to make it look better than it was, too.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I wasn't overly impressed. If Calloway doesn't turn a short route into a long TD and pull down the prayer that Dormady threw up for grabs in the middle of the field, his numbers aren't good at all. He didn't make a lot of good throws and it's a miracle that he made it out of the game without any picks. All that said, it was his first start in a primetime game against an ACC opponent so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll be interested to see what he looks like against UF after he's had a couple of games against scrubs to really get settled in as the starter.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He's not going to get a couple of scrub games.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You're right. I was thinking UMASS and ISU were both before Florida.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Throws off his back foot way too much.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not real impressed. Really stared down his receivers. He does have a good arm though.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Could be a really good player if he develops.

Ha!

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Played well enough. Smart enough to figure out to get ball to Callaway in crunch time. Played better as game went on. Solid C performance.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This sounds most fair and right.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

As I am watching the game last night I see that Nathan Peterman (Nathan Peterman!) will likely start for the Bills on Sunday.

Mike Tomlin loves Josh Dobbs.

Justin Worley was the most decorated high school quarterback in South Carolina history.

I say this to say: I will never criticize the qb play on this roster and you can guess why.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I thought he was decent in this horrendous and predictable offense. He really throws well. If we considered coaching, he could get somewhere.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Has the physical tools. Sad he wont get any coaching or play in an offense that suits his skill set while on the hill.

Peyton should just tell him to check to under center plays. Call your on shots.

19. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

He was solid. Pretty rough first half but he settled in. If Guarantano wasn't pouting on the sideline I would have given him some snaps

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, that wasn't good. Very bad look from JG.