Ravens Release Ray Rice

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Indy, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The wife apparently put out a pretty pissed off statement

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jeez, anyone read Mrs Rice's comments? Battered Vol fan syndrome

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lost his deal with Nike and being removed from Madden by Friday. Taking him off the grid completely.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Here is part I'm having trouble processing.

The ESPN article says that the Ravens has heard about it, that what Rice described was pretty accurate, that someone else who saw the video explained it to them, but the actual pictures of it are what was the final straw?

I don't know, that just doesn't sit well with me.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

all the articles said they had seen the video before the video leaked. now all of them are saying they didn't see the video till now.

7. CardinalVol

Either way, this is a PR control job with an expendable commodity.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But if he described it accurately from the start, why does seeing what he described change anything?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The answer to my question.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm guessing they saw the video. they are pretty dumb to not realize it would have leaked though.

11. CardinalVol

If they didn't, I've really overestimated the power and reach of Goddell.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They have a statue of Ray Lewis in front of their stadium. Jamal Lewis was selling cocaine and spent time on jail while playing for them.

Teams don't care what you do as long as there isn't video proof and you can help them win.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ravens offering to exchange any Ray Rice jersey for a new jersey of any other player. Patriots did the same thing with Hernandez.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I read somewhere the hotel said they offered it to both the nfl and the ravens.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's because we saw the video. Once the public saw it, they had to do something like this.

16. CardinalVol

Oh, I know that.

It just bugs me to no end how they are administering discipline over this. If what he did was so awful, do this initially.

Just ratchetes up my hatred of NFL brass all the more.

17. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

If it had never gone public it would have never happened. I've never been physically abused by anyone, and can probably count the number of times I had to been whipped as a child so I have no clue how it feels, but things like this sicken me.

18. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

This

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Go watch Keith Olbermann's take on it from last night. I'm not an Olbermann fan but someone needs to bang the drum on what a piece of garbage Goodell is. Might as well be KO.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Pretty much. He freakin went off.