rbroyles vs Blue Cross/Blue Shield

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Jul 24, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

RB, when are you going down to Chattanooga?

2. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My daughter and son-in-law are visiting until the 31st, so I am looking at Aug. 4 or 5. I want to get there early in the week so I hopefully will not have to stay over a weekend. I am still working on my letter, and need to get the items Jay has mentioned ready to take. Thanks Jay for all the advice as well as support.

I too am flabbergasted by their using the PA's evaluation over my Neurosurgeon's. Obviously it is because it gives them an out.

I am absolutely livid with them for trying to prevent me from a chance at being a normal looking human being again and not the bent over freak I am. Dr. Powers gave me hope to end this nightmare and pain, and those bastards are doing all they can to take that hope away. I will not go away, nor give up. I am going to take this as far as necessary, and there will not be a good ending if they deny me to the end.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fight the good fight rb.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You better believe it. I also can fight dirty.

5. JayVols

That's sexy as shit. If I were NY, I'd drive to Bristol and kiss you.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The amount of responsibility PAs are allowed is scary.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Anything new?

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My doctor made two appeals without success, and I am in the preparatory stages of my third, an administrative law judge hearing. They seem hell bent on keeping me in my present condition. They are going to end up paying a hell of a lot more once this is over. I think I have the makings of a class action law suite. So, I almost hope they will deny my appeal. Thanks for asking Lyle.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Give em hell R man.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good luck

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Update. My hearing that was rescheduled for yesterday was delayed again until Jan 13 because the bastards at BC/BS claim they never received the notice of the new date. I do not believe it in any way. I sent them additional evidence and a letter they should have received Mon the 22nd, but they claim they only received it yesterday morning. The Judges assistant seemed pissed about it specially when I told her the USPS said my letter would get there last Monday. I believe they were afraid of a reversal ruling, and want to put it off until after the first of the year. If they do this many times, the financials would look better for the year of 2014. Also they just like to string these things out. I also think they have given me an advantage by pissing off the Judge. I wrote them suggesting that they should just go ahead and approve my surgery and save all a lot of time and trouble, reminding them I will not quit.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

At this point, I feel like they owe you and the court compensation for not operating and proceeding with these legal matters in good faith.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good luck, rb. Get everything you are owed.

14. JayVols

Pour it to them. You have been and will remain in my prayers. You are also a fixture on the weekly prayer list of McFerrin United Methodist Church. There are some folks much better than I am that are praying for you. My momma is a prayer warrior. She's always asking about you.

But we are Methodists. We're afraid of water. Not sure if our prayers are as strong as others....

I kid, my friend. Best of luck, and as always, let me know if I can help in any way. Love ya, my friend.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  15. JayVols

Yes.

I would humbly suggest that all correspondence be sent by certified letter from this point forward. Then make them refund the cost...

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The Judge's assistant said she was going to do just that. Surprises me they do not always do so. I really think BC/BS has made a fairly large mistake.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Well I am a Presbyterian who grew up Methodist. Presbyterians are just Methodists who learned how to read.

Tell your fellow church members I really appreciate their prayers. And especially your momma.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  18. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

Bump. Best of luck tomorrow. I hope you absolutely make them squirm

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Praying for you randy. Fight like hell.

20. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Give em hell buddy.