Religion Royal Rumble2023

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by zehr27, Apr 1, 2023.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sure. Is there really a difference?

Guy up there is watching all you do.
    If you mess up, you get punished.
    If you do right, you get rewarded.

The only difference is that the rewards are experienced now, and not in some unknown future, so it is easier to start to ask questions and dismiss them.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Both are magic and can do things that are scientifically impossible and defy all logic.

3. NorrisAlan

I am not bashing. I am expressing my opinions and thoughts, that is all. If it makes you happy and a better person, good. I actually hope, for your happiness, that what you believe is true.

Why are you so insulted about this, yet tell others that get insulted about things to just toughen up?

SetVol13 likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Asking Christians if there is any difference between Santa Claus and God could deemed offensive.

5. NorrisAlan

And? Are you so easily offended?

SetVol13 likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Hey there mr Al Jasr, Lovely mosque here in Iraq. Did you know Mohammed is no different than Santa Claus?

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Mankind was created by God with free will which allows mankind the choice to make both good and bad decisions. He desires for people to live in peace with him but that doesn't always happen. See the story of Cain in the bible. I get what you are saying though, it's a lot to understand and not all of it makes sense to me either. This whole situation is so damn heartbreaking.

warhammer likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Santa Claus has never committed mass murder, as far as I know. So, at least one difference.

9. Ssmiff

this isn’t a discussion. This is you saying your beliefs are right and mine are wrong. And again, I have no interest.

10. NorrisAlan

I never said no such thing.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He didn't have to impose on anyone's free will. He could have done one of a thousand different things to stop the shooting. God wanted those kids dead, or at least was okay with it happening. Praise be to Him!

12. NorrisAlan

More like Allah. Muhammad was a man and a prophet, and Muslims do not pray to him.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's one way to look at it. You are free to hate God as much as you want and blame him as much as you want. I don't choose that but to each their own.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wait til you learn people be targeting Christians for 1000s of years. Everyone from Roman emperors to girls pretending to be a man.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the tragedy wasn't in the forum's backyard i would but this has affected people who might read here and I won't risk a misunderstanding that puts salt in the wound. So I'll just take it on this one.

I guess I will point out that ole orange betrayed himself by raising up Dylan Roof as targeting someone other than Christians, when he shot up an actual church he had no connection to. He tips his hand and shows he, perhaps unconsciously, perceives a hierarchy of identities/othering that makes his remarks wildly unhelpful to anyone trying to avoid these acts of violence upon ourselves and potentially tainted by a personal agenda.

And then I have a separate prayer stance that is similarly wildly unhelpful myself in the context of a recent tragedy so that I will keep to myself.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Actually, ya. Both are historical figures with massive traditions that center them. Mohammed being more popular and more closely rooted to the tradition centered on him.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't hate or blame him for anything. Just like I don't hate or blame Santa if my wife doesn't get me something I want for Christmas.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So you just don't believe in him. That is also fine and your free will to do so.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we should do this in a thread that isn't discussing a person shooting nine year olds and school staff. Feels like it unintentionally normalizes something that can't be normalized (child murder, etc).

gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lol. I betrayed myself y’all for filling in the blanks of lumberjack’s dumbassery of a quote with other demographics!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023