Rich Rod Is Back.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 9, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That didn't take long. Suck it, Stoolwater State.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That game was ridiculous.

3. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I was looking for this thread about a 1/2 hour ago. I knew it wouldn't be long.

4. hatvol96

People can say what they want about me, but I'm loyal to my boys.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonder how Michigan fans will spin it.

6. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Michigan will find out how good he was after 2 more years when his players are gone from there....Then they will unfortunately go back to being the [itch bay] of the Suckeyes

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I have nightmares when I think about how easily cal could have landed him and what he'd do with our speed.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think a coaching hire is in your future.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Six mil buyout at a state school can be problematic. Also the ad is mostly responsible for the mamouth contract so she might not want to admit misyake. Even though it will be private money that number makes bad headlines. Though the 3-9 season I'm expecting might force the ads hand.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't want to squander the progress that has been made, though. The talent level and recruiting level is higher there now than it was before Tedford. It would be stupid to let him crash what he built.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt it. Hoke is recruiting well and is a tremendous coach.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If anything, Hoke is having to weather mismatched players to his schemes right now.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My argument exactly to the "we owe tedford" crowd. We had 7 guys drafted last year and won 7 games. Imagine what a competent coach could do with that talent. The current recruiting class is looking like his worst in 10 years. Wait and the new coach will have to rebuild.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What makes you think he's that good? I'm not arguing with you btw, I just havent been blown away by him.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm impressed with both rebuilding jobs and his current recruiting.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

fyp

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good fix. This could be Cal's 2008. Don't let it be their 2005.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know a few guys that played for him at Ball State, what he was able to do with an illiterate QB at BSU, working for Jack Harbaugh, San Diego State and then Michigan.

He's smart enough to surround himself with quality assistants and keep them on staff too.

19. hatvol96

I really like Hoke, but he's getting too much credit from the national media for "rebuilding" Michigan. The guy who rebuilt their talent base is in Tucson.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree with that.

Michigan didn't need rebuilding, it needed a divorce from a terrible fit. Michigan now has their "Michigan Man" and everyone behind the scenes is supporting him.

Rich Rod wasn't that and didn't get the support he needed.