Richard Huffman's Musings - Austin Peay edition

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'll keep this short.

1. If Dooley were to be given 5 years to recruit, we'd have equal talent as AP. no excuse for players like Bynum, Propst, Harris, Posey, Crowder etc to ever play a meaningful SEC snap.

2. Butch Jones lost a great opportunity to get both freshman QBs scripted offensive series. Major mistake considering the waste of time who started the game at QB.

3. The health of Vereen and Jac may be the diff in next weeks game.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Worley might be bad and might have been bad, but Peterman looked much worse tonight.

3. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

-Bynum and Crowder are good football players.
    -why make a decision on a redshirt in a game against AP?
    -I hope they are both back, and hope JS plays with 1/2 the energy with which he cheered

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'd have liked to see Peterman at least play with the 1s.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Can you imagine how Worley would have looked behind the OL that Peterman did?

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If DTs from AP consistently put Crowder 5 yards deep into the backfield what do you think an SEC DT will do?

7. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

I had the same thought however, Peterman's passes were mostly behind the receiver, don't think the line could be blamed for that

8. Peterman sucks sack and is much worse than Worley.

9. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Plenty of stuff to work on after tonight. Kickoff coverage, for one. And Worley needs some more full speed reps with North to figure out how FAST he is. Really liked the discipline they played with.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

ALL of Worley's passes were behind receivers. There was a stretch at one time where Worley through 3 passes that his WRs had to go to their ass to catch.... it doesn't get worse than that.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The fact so many people on here are still giving Worley the benefit of a doubt has me worrying about the future of this board.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I didn't watch those 2 guys specifically, but I do know the units they are a part of did not perform particularly well against historically bad competition

13. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

After all we heard about all the dropped passes in practice, I thought the receivers did a pretty good job catching those.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Worleys arm is terrible...

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Crowder and Posey had their hands full the whole second half and Bynum looked to have comparable speed as the opposition, how do you think that will translate if they had to play next week or, god forbid, at Oregon.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Who is giving Worley the benefit of the doubt?

17. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Worley threw some passes behind receivers, which is expected with his first start and new receivers. I've seen it happen all day. LSU qb just threw one behind on a slant that went for a td.
    He was also 11-13 and his arm isn't as weak as some of you harp on. He doesn't try to fire every pass, as he did to one where Carter sat down in the zone. He was throwing 60 yards in warmup tosses and has plenty of arm to hit the passes needed. He threw a couple of back foot throws that hit the receiver 15-20 yards downfield with plenty of velocity on the ball. He just needs to go ahead and get it out of his hands and work on his timing and accuracy. And he needs confidence. Kid sounds kindof like a shy dork in the postgame interview.
    And it does get worse than 11-13 with 3 tds. Much worse.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It would have been utterly retarded to burn both Freshmen's redshirt in that game.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It's utterly retarded to not think the future of the program is tied to how the freshman QBs develop. They missed a great opportunity today.

What is a "great game" to give a freshman QB some snaps?

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

This is the most delusional clueless shit I've ever read on here. Congratulations.