Rick Barnes Is Staying

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Apr 8, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ok.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Does he work for the community?

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I feel sorry for those people. I love money way more than I love my wife.

CardinalVol likes this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How much you want for her?

5. InVolNerable

I mean, Admiral already called him out on it before all of this.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. InVolNerable

Gimme 24 hours. I’ll get back with you.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If you really loved me you’d answer immediately.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It wouldn't shock me

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've got to think he wishes he had a mulligan. He should.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Barnes is painfully honest with his players. Why shouldn’t he do the same with the media and fans?

For as much coach speak that’s tossed around... he was honest when asked a question. He told the truth. But you can bet your ass the expectations are high with the raise and now this.

Tar Volon and zehr27 like this.
  11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Again, my issue isn't with the honesty. That's good. I prefer that. In almost the same breath don't turn around and say that you love this place, the people, yada yada when you had one foot out the door. The equivalent to what he was making in Knoxville (3.25 mil) in LA would be 5.25 mil. The number thrown out was slightly less than that. Those two things don't add up.

Don't play the loving community pillar in the same breath you said the only thing holding you back from leaving was UCLA not paying the buyout.

IP likes this.
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And I don't blame him for wanting to leave. The two things he's saying in that short amount of time is very different and contrary, and you can't play that both ways.

IP likes this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Oh, you can definitely play it both ways when you're talking to the majority of the Tennessee fan base and they will eat that shit up.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Don't get me wrong, this isn't some exciting shantay you stay moment. It's ugly.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Curious how many bashing barnes would have taken kiffin back in a heartbeat. If memory serves correctly, the number is high.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I get both sides. I really do. I can see why some are angry.

I’m just not one of them at this point. UCLA is a blue blood. It’s still a very attractive job in a conference that currently doesn’t have a ton of competition.

But Rick Barnes also loves this community. He’s visible in it and has made this job much more stable than it has been. He was asked a question and didn’t give it coach speak.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is fine with me.

If what he said was true, and I believe that it was, then he needs to be prepared for that honesty to go both ways.

He’ll produce like a Top 3 coach, or he can GTFO.

So, don’t talk to me about his faith, recruiting and developing fine young men, how many autographs he signs, etc.

Produce and win so as to earn what we’re paying for, or GTFO.

He can have it the way he wants it, but that’s exactly how it’s going to work toward him, as he wants it to work for him.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

All fair, and I mean that sincerely.

Going forward, the only two questions that I care are asked of him are:

1. What’s the total in the W column and
    2. How many trophies did you put in the case

Don’t give a shit about the rest, because it doesn’t matter, that is, if we’re being honest.

utvol0427, MaconVol, IP and 1 other person like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

not me. I've never enjoyed being a stepping stone.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That just doesn't jive to me with his recent actions. He may very well be active and visible in it.