Rick Barnes to UCLA?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by 2Maggitt2Quit, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He’s mad enough money in his career and Tennessee is about as close to home as he can get.

If he’s leaving, he’s running from the competition.

It’s that simple. I really like Rick and think he’s a top notch guy. I just don’t see any other way to spin it.

IP likes this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We can't and won't match a UCLA offer if one is made. Deacon will stay if he wants to.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Tennessee would never, nor should they, match what UCLA is willing to pay right now.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I kinda liked having a HBC that actually took the time to develop and teach the players he recruited.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

if Turner doesnt get called for a foul, the agendas here vs sweet 16 Rick are crushed. Luckily for a few of you, the refs kept it going for you.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Or you try and set up your career long assistant and the AD doesn’t want that to happen.

Tenacious D likes this.
  7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think I’m fully caught up on his past transgressions. Here’s the deal Tenny, I don’t write them off. I wouldn’t call him a good man. He’s done a lot of bad. But he does enough good that the picture painted by some here isn’t really accurate.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You really do some mental gymnastics to make excuses.

justingroves likes this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Thanks

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Lanier?

11. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Are you at liberty to discuss specifics?

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Do you really believe there is a soul here -RHV is soulless- who didn’t die a little inside when we lost to Purdue?

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’d back Phil on that one. I’m never a fan of coach in waiting at this level.

lylsmorr and NYY like this.
  15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He plead guilty. I guess he will, I honestly don’t know. Eff that guy though. The illegal shit he was doing didn’t even benefit Auburn.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Then good. Bye Rick.

NYY and YankeeVol like this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sure. But a few have been talking about Barnes ceiling since he got here. 1.5 seconds from an elite 8, done in by a bullshit foul, yet immediately go at Barnes and ready for him to leave.
    What a joke.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Why would you pay $9 million at a blue blood school for a 64 year old coach who has been beyond the 2nd round once in the last 12 years?

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's a career .500 coach in the tournament. It was a foul. Come back to reality.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sweet Jesus, you are relentless with this policing everyone's attitude shit.