Rodney Garner Hired at Auburn

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Vol2424, Dec 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

You must be an Auburn fan, trying to hide out with a former founding school of the SEC! Course I could have missed it and your a Buck Blue fan!

2. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

This argument went sideways somewhere bro. I'm not arguing the ridiculousness of the Jones hire ... I've said over and over how much hate I have for what happened. I'll just say this ... I would have called each and every one of those sons of [itch bay]es the same dogged names had we hired malzahn. He is not a better hire than Jones IMO. They both suck balls as the next head football coach at UT. No need to argue any longer on my end.

3. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Yes, But wasn't he a co coordinator? Roof was the brains...other wise he would still be the HC at Auburn!

4. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Well Jones does!

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I will say this: I am also not happy with the hire. But at least this time we hired a guy who won in his crappy conference as opposed to a guy who got his ass kicked repeatedly in his crappy conference. So there is that.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

Using this logic, Cutcliffe should have been target #1. Kirby smart looks great as well.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Ok. I'm not even sure what that meant. So alrighty

8. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Wow that is very sad to say that is a bright spot!

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't think Malzahn is any worse than Jones. Malzahn has a pretty impressive resume. Look how well Auburn did without him this year. Malzahn has also won a championship in a crappy conference. I don't see much difference in the two.

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Ha! Seattle is looking good!

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The MAC and Big East are both a lot better than the Sun Belt.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What's the saying...you are playing MAC competition with MAC players? And Big East competition with Big East Players? Same applies to the Sun Belt.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

On the side of the ball that sucked.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You can keep this crap going, but winning where you have to recruit is better than where you don't. Nobody is coaching to Ws without recruiting in the SEC any more. Our guy has never recruited worth a damn.

Neither has, but the Argument for Malzahn is as good as the one for Jones. Both are shitty hires.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Malzahn is a sacrificial lamb. He'll have an entertaining offense while the NCAA punishes them for employing trooper Taylor

16. robvols

robvols Member

Might as well give the Troop the show cause.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Guz can suck it.

SN- Bet you would love to hop on that Strong wagon now.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm already on the Quarles wagon for 2016

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Maybe Trooper can join his pal Tony Jones at Alcoa.