Romney's Likability

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jan 26, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I generally have not found that to be the case. if you have contacts and you can bring in big assets you certainly will make a crapload of money at a hedge fund and i suppose it's possible you could start one as well, but the big money people generally are smart enough to not hand a salesmen all their money. But romney was the operator of the fund which only intially raised $37 mil which i assure you doesn't indicate he was an elite asset gatherer. He also is generally credited to bain moving to LBOs. Btw everybody is a VP at financial firms. The real big shots have names like director or managing partner. :)

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I never said he was a dummy if one looks at my post I was just saying he does not come off as a brainy type. As far as his his actual positions on issues they speak for themselves.

I am aware Droski that many firms give guys VP postions. It is how they keep valuable assets on board and justify the carry/salaries they give them. I am not trying to argue he is an idiot at all clearly there is only one Santy. I am saying he is not a genius nor does he have a grasp of the issues IMO. He is completely out of touch. We all have our different view points. I keep hearing people tell me Romney is the most electable and all I say is "so?"...technically Obama is the most electable. Should I be an Obama supporter? If you elect Romney you get rid of Obama but you have Romney as the Republican candidate again in 2016 and that thought is just scary. I have already decided what I am going to do. I understand others have more radical feelings towards Obama like he is some kind of terrorist. I do not like him but he is not evil. IMHO he is a better president then Obama simply because he is a better PR guy.

Romney's initial position on almost every major issue has been frightening to me until he flops to match Gingrich of course.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Romney is a pragmatist. and i'd much rather have a guy like that than a guy like obama with him in the unions pocket. Romney will tow the republican line and generally vote with the polls. clintonesque. and I disagree that he is out of touch. the more i learn about him the more impressed i am. he's clearly a dynamic guy. of course obama is as well, but romney is much greater the lesser of the two. as for 2016, who knows what will happen by then?