Rumored that Chaney is interviewing with the Rams

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Jan 17, 2012.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I find high-flying offenses to be entertaining for sure but do not believe that is going to work against the NFL JV defenses of the SEC. Having an average back in Poole, they played to their strengths last year which was slinging the ball around to open up the running game which can work...but requires something we couldn't do last season, run block. I prefer the old school approach of establishing the run to open up the passing game. I'm all for stretching the field multiple times throughout the game, and having Hunter and Rodgers lined up makes that possible and likely to succeed more often than not. Combined they create a mismatch for most secondaries.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you want to be good for a long period of time, you better be able to run the ball and play defense.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Scratch this one! Chaney, Joseph , and Hinshaw all get 1 year ext. through 2014. Can't link from phone.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Chaney was probably legitimately exploring options given the near end of his contract and also creating some leverage to get an extension which it looks like he got. Just bidness.