Same stupid Redskins

Discussion in 'Sports' started by volfanbill, Mar 10, 2012.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I would have rather paid out the wazoo for Peyton than this debacle. No way is RG3 worth three 1st round picks and a second rounder. The Rams are going to be absolutely loaded and we're goign to have a mediocre at best qb that might last 4 years in the league. We still multiple receivers, still need to improve the secondary and it would be nice to shore up a go to, trustworthy runningback. No way even half of that happens now.

2. WM

WM Active Member

WOW, are you serious? I'm a RG3 fan but that's horrible.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm drunk and still know the skins suck. dumbasses.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Rams should be elated. Kalil will be gone, but they'll probably still get Blackmon, and they're loaded with early picks for the next few years.

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Trying to decide if you think my assessment is horrible or if the outrageous price the 'Skins paid for it is horrible. I'm thinking the latter, but curious nonetheless. RG3 probably will last more than 4 years, but I really don't see him as a franchise qb that is going to answer what the Redskins need him to. The Redskins absolutely have to go get Jackson, Wayne and/or Colston via free agency now, but knowing Dan Snyder we probably sign Randy Moss and Deion Branch to overpriced deals. The price is outrageous and I thought the whole reason Allen was brought in was so this garbage didn't happen anymore.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't make my mind up on RGIII. He could very well be the next Randall Cunningham or he could be a flop. The guy, by all accounts, has his stuff together and is ready to come work. If he reaches his potential, the trade is still bad but not necessarily terrible. If he's a flop, well, it's one of the worst in history.

I would be weary of Colston if I were a team on the market for WRs.

Your Deion Branch comment reminds of them signing David Patten a few years ago.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

A week ago I would've said the same thing about RG3, but with this price tag, I don't see him living up to expectations and I'm venting. There are still too many holes to fill on this team, mainly the fact that Hightower is a free agent and that right now our WR depth chart is Santana Moss (one of the most overrated WRs of our generation), Anthony Armstrong (who might one day be an acceptable role playing WR) and David Anderson. Puhlease. Who is RG3 going to throw the ball to?

8. tankervol

tankervol Member

They definitely gave up the world to get RGIII. There's no denying that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Skins still well under the salary cap? They definitely need a WR worth a damn, but the rest of that offense isn't terribly bad. Fred Davis is a good TE. Roy Helu, in my opinion, will have a solid year. Plus, he can definitely catch out of the backfield. The jury is still out on Leonard Hankerson at WR, and Santana Moss is getting up there. Vincent Jackson would be a huge get, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there. Although, I still think V-Jax and Finnegan end up in Tampa.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

They are well under the salary cap, but the jury is still definitely out on whether or not Helu can carry the load as an every down back and Torain and Hightower are both gone, so a need for a capable second stringer or guaranteed every down back is still definitely needed. And even with S Moss, I don't think the 'Skins have a single dependable WR. If they could get Jackson or Wayne, I think there could still be some use out of Santana for another two years or so, but I've seen Snyder consistently sign the absolute worst free agents signings possible year in and year out. No reason for me to think it's going to change after they gave all this up just to get RG3.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm on the fence with RG3. I like him, but I definitely don't think he is worth all the picks.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I understand completely.

I think Shanahan is banking on pulling another 1,200 rusher out of nowhere like he used to do in Denver.

I don't know how you fix the WR situation.

12. tankervol

tankervol Member

I tend to agree. For argument's sake, if you were guaranteed that he would AT LEAST have the same production as Cam Newton from last year, do you still make the trade?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Santana would be a hell of a lot more successful with another good WR on the other side.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Somewhere Colt McCoy is celebrating this move.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I think RG3 will be legit.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I am eagerly waiting for this to blow up in the skins face......:)

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was on the fence, but now that the Skins have him it's probably time to go ahead and write him off.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And Pierre Garçon is not the guy I had in mind.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think so too, but i don't think i'd throw that many draft picks at it. this could go down as one of the worst decisions in nfl history. only way it works out is if he becomes a top-5 qb and that is by no means certain. all those draft picks as a sum are far more likely to improve the team than the shot of one guy becoming a stud.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Supposedly the other WR they were going after hard was Eddie Royal, another WR that an excellent athlete but is a little bit limited as a pass catcher.