Santorum swears, apparently doesn't remember his speech

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Mar 28, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sometimes i truly wonder if all the horrible things democrats say about the right are true.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

after watching that video, it wasn't as bad as I thought. grant it the clip doesn't show if he was talking about obamacare or not. so it's possible he was, then again it's possible he wasn't. i've said for a while that i don't think Santorum is the answer, however saying he had a meltdown is going a little far. honestly the republican field is fairly lame this go around.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

No one thinks there's a little gamesmanship in this?

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Rick Santorum's whole candidacy is bullshit.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm a bit confused. He made a statement that Romney is the worst republican in the country. He didn't have in there, "to run against Obamacare." He made a statement that started with Romney and ended in a period without including that. The reporter read the exact quote to him and he said he was "twisting his words" and didn't say it. Well, he did. He definitely said it.

I wouldn't call it a meltdown either. Like I said, I see it is a bit of a crack at an understandably tense time in his campaign.

When was the last republican field that you didn't feel was "lame?"

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You mean like, "look at him stand up to the liberal media?" type thing? If so, no. I don't think this was gamesmanship. This is frustration at not being able to capitalize like he wants to on the momentum of the southern states.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think he realized he said something stupid and is covering his ass trying to spin it in his favor. i do think the original statement meant to refer to obamacare , but his reaction was over the top.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yeah, the sort of Newt Gingrich "false outrage" thing.

Santorum's pretty self-aware usually, but these campaigns slowly destroy everyone. The math is against him and he knows it and he is starting to throw some hail mary's. This may have worked brilliantly three weeks ago but now it just comes off as paranoid.

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

to answer your que's IP, i agree with you as far as he said he was the worst republican. however what was the subject he was talking about leading up to that? we don't know.

the last time i didn't think there was a lame candidate was when I was a kid and RR was pres., i think all candidates since him have been lame. Clinton was garbage until midterm elections and he moved more to the center.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

To be fair he did say, “He is the worst Republican in the country to put up against Barack Obama.”

The Reporters said, “You said that Mitt Romney is the worst Republican in the country. Is that true?”

The Reporter clearly distorted what he said. I doubt it was an accident. His peers on the morning show were too chicken shit to call him on it.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

And did Santorum ever plainly clarify for him? No. He got pissy.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What swear word did he use?

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

bullshit

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Perhaps he needs a teleprompter

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not very sweary.