Scout from NFL.com - "Josh Dobbs is an emerging superstar"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Nov 4, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tennessee-qb-josh-dobbs-an-emerging-superstar

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Sounds like Toyota's going to have to issue another recall on these brakes. HELP I CAN'T STOP

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I stopped at pinpoint passing. Da Fuq was he watching?

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i hope they don't get the cart in front of the horse.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

They dun crowned his butt

6. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

if you want to crown him, crown him!

[​IMG]

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Exactly what I was referring to...lol

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

At least by playing him now he's at the helm for two years rather than one...

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Same here.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Makes you wonder why/where Butch was hiding him

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If all you watched were the highlights of the game, he had some throws that were absolutely on point.

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Absolutely he had some good passes thrown in stride but he is not a 62-68% completion guy yet. I think with experience he'll get there but I get a little annoyed at the thought that Dobbs has "arrived" and can make every throw on the field. He can't.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Also, in this age of Twitter and Facebook, journalists are always trying to get the scoop. If Rocketman turns out to be a bust, so what. However, if he turns out to be a superstar and wins two Super Bowls, he can point to this article and say "See, I had him pegged way back when!"

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

there's no doubt all you level heads know exaggeration when you see it!

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We don't have a QB on the roster that can. However, Dobbs' running ability compared to Worley's statuesque running ability will open up some throws and give more time to make them.

Keep these things in mind:

1.Dobbs will probably be assigned a spy. That removes at least one guy from coverage and/or a pass rush.
    2. When Dobbs steps up in the pocket rather than stand there like he's wearing concrete cleats, defenders will break coverage to pursue the run. That will open up receivers and throwing lanes.
    3. Pass rushers will now have to maintain disciplined rush lanes due to Dobbs' running ability. Defenses can no longer be hell bent on getting to the spot where the QB is standing. If they do, they'll get burnt. That will help our OL in pass pro as well.

Dobbs may never be an elite pinpoint passer, but his running ability will make his passing much better than it would be were he a straight pocket passer.

16. JayVols

We get it. You're the only level-headed guy here......

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Dammit Jay, you gonna pull my ass onto the bandwagon kicking and screamin.

18. JayVols

Jump aboard the Rocketman's spaceship. It's about to blast off and there's always room for a good dude.

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Great point. After USC's poor week against Dobbs I believe that Kentucky and Mizzou will sell out to stop the run and Dobbs' scrambling.

Make our inconsistent WRs get separation and force Dobbs to beat you with his arm.

I'm completely let down by how Pearson/Malone have played in terms of consistency. North made some great catches but they were always in coverage. Our TEs just drop balls. We had, what, 3 drops from TEs? (2 from Wolf and 1 from Ellis?)

Hopefully over the BYE we can rest and regroup our passing game. Our WRs need to have their best 3 games of the year to close out. It's on them, IMO.

20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Is North drawing double or bracket coverage now? I haven't really paid much attention but I have noticed that he's not been targeted very much the last couple of games.