SEC Championship

Discussion in 'Sports' started by utvol0427, Dec 7, 2013.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I will.

Got his number on speed dial.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Probably should use the scheme Chavis employed. That is what seems to have worked best.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

(Disclaimer to Jay: I am not declaring myself a defensive expert) I imagine that their plan wasn't too much different than most that we've seen. Rather, Auburn just didn't have it going quite like they do now.

4. JayVols

So, you think a defense has to shut down an offense to be successful?

What part of 'getting personnel in position to make a play & then actually making them when there' don't you understand?

Yes, even the mighty bammers have busts when they don't take care of their assignments. See the option pass for a TD as an example of what happens when everyone doesn't take care of their responsibilities.

5. JayVols

Where has groves or even me called gor Butch's head at this point?

We can't have a discussion as long as you continue to make shit up.

6. JayVols

I agree with this.

7. JayVols

Appreciate the clarification.

It takes 2 to tango though.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I don't recall saying either you called for his head. We can't have a discussion as long as you continue to make stuff up.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Here you are making stuff up again. 28 points is pretty much getting obliterated when you average giving up less than 10 points a game.

10. JayVols

You understand that the average you speak of includes the cupcake BCS teams & the FCS team on their schedule, right? Auburn is a bit better than "average" I would argue.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Are you giving them a pass for UF and Vandy?

12. JayVols

Auburn's Offensive Averages:
    505.3 yds/game, 169.6 passing/game, 335.7 rushing yds/game, 40.2 points/game...and these averages are before the SEC Championship Game.

Auburn had 296 yards rushing- right at 40 yards below average, 97 passing yards- 72.6 yards below average, 393 total yards- 112.3 yards below average & 28 pts- 12.2 points below average.

Every stat was below Auburn's average, so I'd say it wasn't a terrible performance. It certainly wasn't the sucktitude you're implying. If you want to talk "averages" that is.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

And that was with Alabama's defense. Would you argue that Alabama and Tennessee have the same talent on defense? Didn't think so. No one should consider the Auburn game a barometer for the coaching staff. That's my point.

14. JayVols

I disagree. I'm with you that the outcome as far as a loss wouldn't change. The total ineptness displayed on defense, while not helped by the talent level, was made worse due to the scheme employed.

Can you evaluate them based on the Florida (4-8) game? The Vandy game? How about all the games this year in total? Or do you believe in the "Year Zero" philosophy?

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't think any of this is unreasonable. I'm certainly not advocating a "year zero" approach, but I'm willing to entertain the possibility that with the way this crew is recruiting, they're capable of turning the corner.

16. JayVols

There's no argument on recruiting. I'm as happy as a puppy with 2 peters there.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No problems in recruiting for me. Jancek has already failed as a dc in the sec or else I'd be a little more patient

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I guess. I don't think anyone ever thought Jancek actually called plays for UGA, but it's fact that he was on a defensive staff that failed.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

21 points.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dude... That average has some cupcakes in it.