SEC Offensive Line Rankings

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jul 12, 2014.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think looking at how the RB does prior to first significant contact (I realize that would be hard to define and consistently apply) would be better. Sometimes a long TD really is mostly about the OL. I also realize that "contact" would probably have to be amended to "closeness" for a guy like Barry Sanders, who couldn't be touched by a defender four inches away.

2. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Good write-up, KidB.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Bobo will be hand picked.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

http://8thmaxim.com/site/forum/blog.php

Off to the right, click create new post then go to town Huffman

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know how UGA AD and boosters view Richt, but it's hard to believe ten years or more without a championship (which is where Richt will be when he hangs it up) earns you the right to handpick your successor.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The Fulmer similarities are getting more apparent. I don't think Richt will ever let UGA slide to the bottom of the division, but he definitely sat back and let a newcomer (South Carolina) take hold of the division when he should have been able to dominate. It's exactly the way Richt dethroned Phil after Spurrier left. Now you have to wonder if Butch will do the same. And I doubt Muschamp's eventual replacement will be some chump.

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I keep fooling myself into thinking that eventually, Richt is going to figure it out and win it all.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he was going to do it, it would have already happened

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

You may be right, but that's also significantly harder to track.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I know. I think it is just one of those things better gauged by the eyeball test.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

the trouble there being that it's hard to eyeball 120 teams.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

let's not get carried away

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I could see Richt hanging it up at any point now. I tend to think if UGA scores at the end of the 12 title game, he walks away.

14. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Truth.