SEC Office & Officials are blatantly Pro-Bama

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 22, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's not just the SEC.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Probably not. I just don't give a shit about any other conference.

But do other conference offices call a briadcasting company, mid broadcast, to rationalize calls/non calls? They might, but I can't recall any.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A & M should help that guy find a lawyer. Sue the SEC.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would donate. Start a GoFundMe page.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gary Sankey is that bad

6. RockyHill

Point taken.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Seems like a good time to revisit this

[video]https://youtu.be/x5X1cElgBo4[/video]

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't even think it's a conspiracy theory anymore. What I saw yesterday tells me you are right.

9. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Someone needs to check their Bama privilege

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

The rest of the division should demand that they relocate SEC HQ to Atlanta.... Really don't like them over in Birmingham.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

College football should get rid of review/replay altogether. Is a failure and a flawed system to begin with.

12. RockyHill

How could you though? Before hi def TV, huge jumbotrons, and tons of camera angles you couldn't always tell what really happened. What if a call is clearly wrong and changes the outcome of a game?

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

A) the review plays now, with the benefit of all those camera angles, and still get them wrong

B) the system is flawed anyway. Suppose a guy makes a catch in the back of the endzone to win the game. They call a touchdown and review the play to see if he got a foot down in bounds. The replay shows that he did get the foot down, but also shows that he blatantly pushed off the defender in order to make the catch. The only part of the play that's reviewable is the catch, however. So, in this system, referees review a clear penalty, but must ignore it, awarding the victory to the team committing a flagrant foul. That's a stupid system. If the entire play can't be reviewed, none of the play should be reviewed, jmo, imo.

14. RockyHill

A) The end result is better than not having replay at all though, speaking purely in terms of the fairness of calls. The amount of time it wastes is another issue.

B) I mean yeah, it's undoubtedly a very flawed system. It's still better than no system at all though.

15. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

just adopt the NFL review system

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Oregon is finally getting called for holding. something they did for YEARS with no calls. i'm sure it's a coincidence it's happening now that they suck.

17. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

There's a lot of doubt in my mind that "it's under the direction of the SEC office", but I do agree that the bias is there. To be fair, I'm something approaching a full-blown anti-conspiracy theorist.

18. kidbourbon

The system that can't figure out what a catch is?

19. kidbourbon

I agree that the CFB system is absurd. But I am in favor of a challenge system. The current system needs constraints.

20. kidbourbon

Very