Selection Sunday

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

All talk of dessert is relative. Did we deserve it? No. Did we deserve it more than MTSU? Absolutely.

Do or die next season. I have a lot more confidence than I did for the same thing in football, but I'm still a bit nervous.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd have a hard time giving a shit about the NIT right now.

3. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

going on spring break with the family and i have zero concern about finding a tv. Pretty sad. Very disappointed in what I saw Friday and we sowed what we reaped today with lack of focus and intensity too often. We have multiple SEC plyr of the weeks, we have 1st and 2nd team all SEC players. That should have been enough to get it done, imo.

4. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

That is also subjective. Obviously, the committee didn't think that way. I can't fault them for that. I agree about next season. This year was pretty much a carbon copy of last year. This can't happen again with Maymon back. Maybe a point guard will show up more than half of the time too.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Per Wes Rucker's Twitter:

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I'll need more than "sounds like" to believe that entirely. But it is very possible that Ole Miss made that game irrelevant.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, just fuel to the committee fire.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

When Tennessee doesn't get in I never care. My golf game greatly improved the Buzz years.

9. Tar Volon

Well, I guess I'll be using my hockey tickets on Tuesday and Thursday night this week. To hell with Florida and New Jersey!

10. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

And, go Canes! Florida should provide some relief from getting their asses whipped by every team in the division. Carolina could have run away with it by now if they played better in the division.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i'll just focus all my anticipation on my italian invasion to come

12. Tar Volon

Don't I know it? That game against Washington was really depressing. Girl in front of me was wearing a Ducks sweater and cheering for the Caps. Was pretty quiet until the Canes came out dead flat in the second.

Really need a win in MSG tomorrow and then beat the teams below them on Tuesday (Panthers) and Thursday (Devils). I'll be at those two.

13. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I think Italian Invasion was one of Sly Stallone's first films

14. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Yeah. I thought that game was in the bag after dominating the Caps in DC and then going up 2-0 in Raleigh. The game against Tampa Bay was just a poor effort. Maybe they hit up too many strip clubs when they got there. I am still mystified that the Thrashers are keeping pace.

15. Tar Volon

Yeah, every time Carolina gets on a roll, they play a couple bad games and Atlantapeg somehow catches up. I wish all the games were against teams from Ontario.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas
    La Salle, MTSU and St. Mary's have four Top 50 wins, combined. UVa has six, by itself. Tennessee has three. Maryland has three. UK has four.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I liked the end of year push and McRae finding more of an offensive game. And I just like Cuonzo as a guy. They only have themselves to blame by I still feel bad that they were improving and fell short.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We're going to be a 27 seed in the NIT.

20. Tar Volon

We're not even an NIT one seed. lol