Selection Sunday

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2013.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wonder if Tennessee gets in had MTSU won their tournament?

2. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Mtsu beat them. Sounds like they used that exact scenario to keep UT out. So much for not counting head to head matchups. The no decent wins down the stretch comment about TN was idiotic though. They beat mizzou, ky and florida. Mtsu maybe beat 1 team in top 100?
    Word has been that the committee was really focused on giving more mid majors more opportunities due to various reasons, and they obviously stuck to it.
    When all is said and done though, if we played like friday was our last game, would we play a little harder.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I wish committee would just admit there's a different criteria for BCS conferences versus the mid-majors, because there is.

4. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Therein lies the rub....

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I don't understand how mtsu can have such a high rpi with such a poor sos.

6. PoochPunt3rdDown

I think a combination of Ole Miss and MTSU torpedoed our bid.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

you know who beat MTSU? Florida.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Wins by Missouri or MTSU would've had us in IMO

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Let's schedule 8 Sun Belt opponents and play them all on the road. That will fit the criteria he looks for.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No question about it. Better story I guess

11. CardinalVol

12. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Once again I agree. Just got through telling some friends the same thing. Schedule a lot of cupcakes from mid-majors on the road, add a couple of top teams at home and beat at least one of them, then win 12 games or more in the SEC. That's the formula apparently.

The tourney selection process has gone to hell. Slive needs to earn some of his salary and work on this issue.

13. CardinalVol

14. CardinalVol

Unfortunately he doesn't care about basketball or UT.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm not mad about UT not getting in. That's on them.

I'm pissed about inferior and less qualified teams getting in over UT.

16. PoochPunt3rdDown

I understand, in regards to the specific events of this year, but the logic you're using is dangerously flawed. We are Tennessee. Our sports teams have been relegated to outsider status by recent events. I blame Dooley.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed. I feel like I can't be too angry, since I think 68 teams is too many as it is. I just expect a legitimately good team next year. One that doesn't suck for the first half of the season, and one who doesn't have to worry about the bubble.

18. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Definitely. Tennessee seemed to be the first team out from the impression I got. If they took care of business against Alabama, UT gets in also, IMO. As it stands, I have no complaints. This team left it up to others and made it as subjective as possible. They made their picks and I am not going to argue that a team that didn't exactly tear up a terrible SEC deserves anything other than the NIT. Given where they were at 11-10, that is an accomplishment.

19. CardinalVol

My productivity at work will be at an all-time high for the first week of the tournament this year. I officially don't care.

20. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

They'll win their first NIT game and lose the second.