Serena Williams Chases Down Phone Thief

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Nov 6, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fake as shit.

3. kidbourbon

Okay Float

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Did she then work the phone with her tennis ball afterward?

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Um hm. Says the guy who believes a story with two conflicting accounts is entirely real. Or, at least, the greatest story every told.

6. kidbourbon

Conflicting at the margins and in a way that's consistent with respective self interests. Which makes it really really credible. (not to mention the fact that all the characters (including "dreads" and "Z") have been identified as actual humans with a name that their momma gave them).

And so to the guy who mind-bogglingly STILL does not believe -- despite mountains of supporting evidence -- that two hoes went to Florida for some hoeism and stuff got crazy, I say "yeah".

7. fl0at_

Again, never said I didn't believe two hoes went to Flordoda for some hoeing and got crazy. I never said I didn't believe the story.

I have argued that I will maintain my skepticism that the story as told is false. The fact that there were real people involved does not make the story true.

This is akin to saying that I don't believe a story about Butch Jones being a good football coach while at the University of Tennessee. Because I don't. Even though I can verify that Butch Jones is in fact the head coach of Tennessee, I don't believe a story about him being good.

Just as I don't buy this story. That doesn't mean I don't believe these people weren't hoeing it up in Florida. Or that, as happens in the prostitute business, stuff happens.

In other words, there is a story I would buy. That one ain't it. Nor is one that talks of Butch's greatness.

This is the difference between reality and "based on a true story."

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hold up. So was Z Butch?

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I enjoyed this.

11. kidbourbon

Too late for this homeboy. You said straight up that the story was fiction. You can't now claim that you believe most of it. This would be like IP in the Stephen Hawking thread -- when he came back after several clear chances to say that he didn't believe space and time were literally the same thing -- and tried to change his stance to saying they were "parts of the same thing". Nah. I might have let you off that easy after the second or third straight-up denial.

12. fl0at_

Where?

13. kidbourbon

14. kidbourbon

I mean, for the love of all things sacred, you were claiming that there was a single person who had created the identities of Zola, Jess, and Jarrett and written their respective stories. You went full on "fabricated hoax theory". You were wrong. Just acknowledge it and call it a day. I've done it a few times; it's not as bad you think.

15. fl0at_

And show me the post where I "straight up said it was fake."

It doesn't exist. You have in your mind this idea that because I was arguing the possibility of it being a hoax, or the feasibility of a single individual pulling it off, that I was somehow claiming it to be fake.

Try reading the posts for what they say, not what you think they say, then get back to me.