Sherlock Holmes

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Dec 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Anyone else see it? Wasn't very impressed. Some good visuals and interestingly shot action sequences, but I was actually kind of bored.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I liked it, but I am a bit of a Guy Ritchie fan.

I am still trying to sneak in Hugo, and the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo before my vacation ends.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It definitely had the Guy Ritchie style. I thunk he did fine directing it, it was just not a very gripping plot. Also, very little mystery for a Sherlock Holmes story.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Robert Downey, Jr. is so good he can save what was (and you are right) not a great script. For the life of me I can't figure out the gypsy storyline. Still, I liked it overall. Oh, and I also saw Tree of Life the night before, and once you see that, all movies seem superior by comparison.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

kpt- did you like the first one? (I'm assuming we're talking about the second one here). I thought the first one was pretty good.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Been awhile, but I thought the first one was better.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Saw it, didn't like the constant stop action, especially when they were running in the woods.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd have liked to see the same cast as these movies but with less "action flick" plot writing. Go back to the core of what Sherlocke Holmes is supposed to be.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Agreed.

10. egotistical

egotistical New Member

I was skeptical when my friend told me it was better than the first, but it honestly was.