Signature Win

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

In my opinion, this is it right here. People talk about the salesman Pearl was and how he got fans into the stadium, but that only happened after we had dismantled Texas, showing people that we had something. Not "selling the program" is the dumbest criticism of Martin thus far, but he does need something to hang his hat upon. A big win on a Saturday in front of a national TV audience will accomplish this. Students are still in town, there's no football game, a top team in the house, this is the win we need to start some momentum in this new administration.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Jarnell Stokes in town. Holla.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

While it would be huge for him, it isn't fair to expect him to knock off Pitt with this squad. I have no reason to doubt Martin from what he has shown us thus far. We knew that even with a good coaching job, we would struggle to be .500 this season. If you want a coach to hound, hound the one that hasn't produced a meaningful win in 2 seasons. I guarantee Martin will produce at least one in that time, based on what glimpses of him we've had.

Which isn't to say I am crowning Martin as "the guy" already. I am just saying whatever he is, he is closer to being "the guy" than Dooley has been here already.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, it's not the expectation, but it is needed. Somewhere, he needs a win that will gather momentum. This is as good an opportunity as any.

5. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Jarnell was in town and will also be eligible to play for NCAA at the end of this semester depending on the duration of the clearinghouse. I wouldnt expect much of a delay since he is an honor student as well. I hope he stays in town but this late visit to Knoxville is enough to make me curious.