So, Let's Talk UMASS

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 20, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Don't be so sure.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Taking this as a response to the "then lose to Duke" part. Hat found his orange shaded glasses! Must have taken so work to get all the dust off those things.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well if we beat Duke someone will come knocking on Martin's door - so its a win win.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

People overestimate Martin's interest in being here longterm.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm part of the "he can't coach very well" camp, but I have 0 confidence in our administration to hire someone better. So I'm not really sure what I think about him leaving.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No doubt the likelihood of finding someone who can win one play in game in three years as coach is akin to NYY finding enjoyment from a room full of eunuchs.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Isn't it fitting that right when a coach is hitting his stride (I know, I know, this is probably his peak) that he would leave? I mean, isn't that the Tennessee way?

I'm sure we'll hire another guy who is almost good enough, just like Martin. And we will have to give him 3 years. And we will rationalize/make excuses for 2. Then we'll put our collective foot down in year 3, but he'll back into the tourney and muddy the water for the unimaginative and spineless powers that be. Endless purgatory.

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Nah we will hire Jim Calhoun.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not really. Duke isn't big and rebounds poorly. We could kill them on the glass and they have to kill the 3 to win. We're one of their worst matchups.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Our worst matchup was on Wednesday. Not saying we are going to the Sweet 16, but the road for this team is kind of favorable compared to other possibilities.

So now we'll lose to Um Ass.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If Cuonzo leaves, while I'm not expecting Izzo, I do think we'll try to get a good coach.

Was told we're willing to go top 20-25 $$$$$ wise.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

That's encouraging.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

One thing I worry about with today's game is the possibility of UMASS being a lot fresher than us and the fact that we have already played hurting us

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like that the play in game allows us to get our first game under our belt. We came out flat Wednesday, which can happen in these situations. Those jitters should be gone now. Hopefully we will come out like NC State. They should have won last night.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd prefer to have played one, but you may be right about the physical toll it took.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I worry more about that showing up Sunday than today... If we manage to win today, that is.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

guys we are going to win 2-0, UMass is going to be afraid to show up

18. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Take care of these guys and then go take care of (I'm assuming, which is dangerous during March Madness) Duke.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

IMO we would be more fresh Sunday than we are today - I read their plane got into Raleigh at like 4am yesterday.. At least after today if we win there isn't traveling involved and the game is relatively the same time of day rather than 9pm.