So...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 4, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe, but it seems like there were more than one game saving moment on defense, since they weren't stopping shit on downs.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The way he chased that down I thought it was Abernathy at first with shades of TAMU.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True, you could assume both fumbles saved touchdowns

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I did like that they covered fumbles right away and didn't clumsily try to scoop them. That's a positive.

Hard to find defensive positives, so I'm digging deep.

5. TennTradition

I was just reminded by a b*** a** friend of mine who lurks here that it was Foreman that punched the ball out in College Station.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No penalties, Martin got pulled early, two turnovers and Taylor and Bituli emerged as legit defensive guys.

That's about it

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Martin getting pulled early is really stretching the concept of "positive," but so be it.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hey, if it means he's no longer getting lost on routes over 8 yards, I'll take my chances with Osborne or Buchanan

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Was there someone that was making Shoop look better than he really was at Vandy and PSU? I get that the offense didn't do him any favors, but I'm having a hard time finding a good defense for his playing Martin, like at all, and with Bituli being hidden in the midst of all those injuries last year.

Also Jumper still blows

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

So... Is Butch still the head man at the end of the season.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a long season

12. Volalum

Volalum Member

Only 1 game in, no one knows.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Franklin had an offensive identity. He ran the ball and tried to play ahead of the chains and the scoreboard. Thst let Shoop be aggressive.

Butch's o looks like my 5 year old pushing random buttons while playing madden.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Yes. Watching the two offenses was interesting. they had rhythm and purpose. We looked scattered and hap hazard. So glad we won anyway.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Defense.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm not at all sure what kind of low-life you'd have to be, so as to compel TT to call you a "[itch bay] ass".

17. TennTradition

Actually probably exactly the opposite of one do that it doesn't ring too close to truth. Haha

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah he's been a big disappointment