Somebody Said It

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Link: http://thesoutheasterner.com/2015/09/13/just-win/

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I don't think Butch isn't trying to win, I just don't think he's capable of doing it.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Correct. Unlike our former coach who tried to lose, at least Butch wants to win. He just doesn't have the ability to win.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Exactly.

I will never wish cruel and unusual punishment on him like I do [ddiapos]. [ddiapos] sucked, realized he sucked then quit halfway through year two. He's a sorry piece of shit.

Butch Jones isn't winning due to a lack of effort. He's working his ass off. His best just isn't good enough. He's made some idiotic decisions (Worley over Dobbs in 2014, Jumper over Kirkland, Coleman over Gaulden, JRM sitting his entire freshman year besides special teams) but he does want and does care about winning. I appreciate the fact he came in and tried hard. That's fine, but it's nowhere near good enough. Thanks, here's your buyout and have fun at Purdue

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well writ.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

True, but he has the ability to improve but refuses to do so. That's on him. So while not as bad as DD he's still accountable. The embarrassment he brought on this program and univ Sat being the most recent. Not to mention the impact it had on visiting recruits who watched that shite show

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

But the results are essentially the same. I don't give a shit HOW badly Botch WANTS to win... wish in one hand and shit in the other... See which one fills up faster.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I see the excuse brigade is lining up all their members and are going out in full force.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can appreciate his hard work. It doesn't mean I want him here in 2016.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Butch is out of his depth but he's putting the work in. Dooley was basically stealing from the university

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

When he leaves, the program will be infinitely better shape than when he inherited it. His recruiting will pave the way for the next coach to be successful, assuming UT doesn't shit the bed again with its next hire.

13. GahLee

No "basically" to it.

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

And if Jones didn't let ego get in the way he could actually achieve the set objectives

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's already had his bite of the apple and I don't think he'll have a chance to fix his mistake in debord

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Hell of an assumption there.

But Butch fired probably means Hart fired too, so that helps.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Only if we fire him soon enough.

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

debo? Hell no. He had the perfect opportunity and wasted it

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Bill King, who was a big Butch guy heading into this year, took a step back and absolutely laid into Jones for that limp-wristed vagina call for the FG.

That call sums up Jones' coaching. All fluff, no stuff. He has no confidence in his players and it shows. Jones has no confidence in the OL and no confidence in Dobbs. These kids can sense it and that absolutely will make them doubt themselves.

Mentality is a huge part of any competitive endeavor be it military, sports, etc. Neyland wrote quite a bit on the similarities between preparing men for war and preparing men for football. If your leadership has zero confidence in you, your morale is destroyed.

While Tennessee went on to score on two subsequent drives, I believe that FG concession absolutely damaged UT's offensive confidence to when Oklahoma adjusted and started blitzing UT's players had zero confidence they could move the ball effectively.

20. GahLee

I don't think so, money reserve will be higher, not paying multiple coaches at the same time, the talent across the board will be better. Only way it couldn't be better is if he survives for another 4 years and the recruiting has fallen off and he's shit canned ala Fulmer. I don't see that happening, he will either start winning or he will be gone before the recruiting falls off.