SOPA/PIPA to Return

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Apr 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They better not [uck fay] up my youtube viewing.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I understand the downloading of pirated copies or music, movies, and games...but youtube should not be touched.

4. NukemVol

NukemVol Member

I don't really care for them to touch anything. Eventually they will overstep. Posted while streaming the Angels game.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I understand stopping bootlegging of movies and games but I think it's too late with the music. Hell, anyone can pull up a free site such as Grooveshark or Pandora and listen to a specific song or band anytime they want to anyway. I don't see myself ever paying another cent for music with all of it on demand as it is.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

One thing you can count on, no matter what they implement, it will hurt the normal pirate-free consumer more than it hurts the pirate community.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Definitely. There are limits to what they can do without breaking every privacy rule on the books, anyway. For instance, bit torrents can't be caught unless the ISP bothers to monitor every bit of data going to every user's computer.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Had the previous versions been implemented, it likely would have shut this site - and any other site that even held the potential to share files - down, or face fantastic risk.

If the entertainment industry want their shit protected, they should figure it out themselves, but leave everyone else the [uck fay] alone.