Spring Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Mar 3, 2019.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think Banks is gonna stay at RB unless there are signifncant injuries and/or Banks still cant hold on to the ball.

If he solves the latter, I'd rather have him on O. Him and Chandler will be a good 1-2 punch, with Jordan being a very serviceable 3.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Was it Blaker?

PilotFlyingJ and utvol0427 like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Emain I dont know what that means

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I don't think Jordan plays very much if Banks is back on O.

5. BigOrangeBeech

If this ends up being the case I think we will be happy with where the run game is at the end of the season. Means Chandler, Banks and maybe even Gray tore it up at RB.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It's less relevant since Pruitt said he was banged up, but Blaker was a guy that was very full of shit. For example

1) he watched Vanderbilt beat Tennessee on his smart phone when the rest of us watched Tennessee beat Vanderbilt on TV
    2) he was robbed by a roving gang of Mexicans in NBA throwback jerseys
    3) said roving gangs of Alex English loving Mexicans were plaguing Brentwood or something like that

I think he took Dawson's headshot on his smart phone too

justingroves likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That phone was magical.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It doesn't play for me on my phone, but he's still doing that stupid bottle cap stuff? Has he learned nothing his first year in Tennessee?

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm saying Gray makes an impact.

10. Ssmiff

Depends on what he had done to his shoulder. If a tear, he wont lift for awhile and will need a rs

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

haha

12. Ssmiff

If we are able to kill a play this year and move to a better play at the line of scrimmage, we are already ahead of last year, and moving closer to the other 100 college teams who can.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's been chatter about the QB having more control at the LOS with the new system. JG originally brought up liking having control of blocking... So it sounds like there is some kind of movement on that front.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I like this kid’s attitude.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

16. BigOrangeBeech

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2019/3...ime-is-now-for-quarterback-jarrett-guarantano

18. Ssmiff

That sounds good but doesnt make sense to me. Pruitt mentioned last year getting out of bad plays and JG def checked at the LOS. Problem i saw is when we checked, we told them where we were going with silly hand movements and only telling the OL the change of play. Defenses baited us and sent 6 or 7.
    So if I'm MLB on defense, and i see the opposing team check to run, I'm firing at gaps and getting upfield.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I say 8. The usual suspects plus one of Mizzou/Florida/Miss St.

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Agreed, although getting to 9 (regular season) wouldn’t shock me either. I’m not placing bets or anything... just sayin’.