Stars Matter

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Dec 12, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

No worries.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was a 0 star long before my days of being tackled by kickers.

lol

lol

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And I agree, stars do matter.

4. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

IF stars matter, hold on to yours Indy. We are going to need you it appears.

Just added another big 3*, 5.5 Rivals CB from a Kansas juco to the recruiting thread they have offered.

Big East here we come.

5. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

They are all five stars per toos.

6. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

The only reasons I go over there is to play bop a mole for a few minutes and to pick up any recruiting info brought over from tos. I have never seen a more ignorant bunch of goobers in all my days. In Butch we trust?! Damn. Don't confuse us with facts, baffle us with BS. OCI heads the list.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

OCI is now acting the same way about Butch as he did with Dooley and is bashing Dooley.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Our coach could be Helen Keller and he would rave about how hard she is working the phones recruiting.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

"Hdudidhdjsjussushshsdhdhdjsjsjshshshhs"

10. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

He must get perverse enjoyment from the e-ttention he gets from all the goober masses over there. It's like a cult following that grows, dies, then regenerates.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The funny thing is that he's literally wrong on every prediction. He also tried to list Gruden's staff as if they'd already been hired except for that little problem of him listing too many assistants.

12. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

That was frickin' hilarious! I don't understand why someone needs to do that? Get a dog or something if you need affection that bad.

13. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

14. robvols

robvols Member

Do those idiots realize OCI is Sab under a different name?

15. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Is this thread still relevant and does The 8th still believe stars matter? Opinions anyone?

I am on record saying ratings (numerical - not stars) matter. Many of the recruits being offered are quick, small WRs and DBs rated 5.5-5.7. The WRs are going to a system that works fine with that if they can run good routes and have good hands. If the DBs are going primarily to a two deep zone coverage scheme, they may do a reasonably good job if they can tackle well. That tells us this will be more of a ball control offense that stretches the field to create angles for moving the ball; with a bend don't break defense that hopes to get pressure on the QB with it's front four since the DBs will have more trouble with man coverage.

How that fares in the SEC remains to be seen, although I have my doubts it will work well.

16. chavisut

You're basing all of that on this class?

17. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

All we have is this class and his past classes at Cincy and CMU as evidence of what he can do. Right? Anything else is hypothetical, wishful thinking not based on reality until he proves otherwise. There was another one offered on 12/18, Athlete Dee Paulof Texas - Rivals 5.6 at about 160 lbs.

IMO, once/if he proves otherwise with these type skill position players he may attract a step higher in turns of talent.

18. chavisut

You're talking about offers. The offers that have gone out to '14 kids atp don't fit your whole Big East/system theory.

19. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

You want to give him credit for offers in 2014 that are for better players. His history has been to cast a very big net. I am saying he will actually get what his system proves over the next couple of years. Even Hyams is predicting a 5-7 finish next season. I have said 6 wins give or take one. Maybe he can sell that to better players than what he brings in this year, but to me that indicates it will be the about the same.

20. chavisut