Stink bugs...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, May 2, 2015.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm damn overrun by them here at the house. Anyone have any recommendations of some home remedies? I've probably sucked up a shop vac and a half of the *******s.

2. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Spray Hot soapy water on them. You can also try garlic powder and water.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea I've used that to kill them. I've sealed all windows well. Made sure attic space is sealed. Doors.... You name it. They won't ****ing go away. And they're managing to get into the bathroom which is on the woods side of the house. We live next to the woods which I know is a big problem.

I'm about to starting pumping .12 gauge into the bastards. Hanging drywall is something I've done a lot of anyway.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Get some chickens or ducks

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Borax around the areas you see them should help

6. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Aqua Net and a lighter.

7. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Anyone know why they are all the sudden a problem? I am in Nashville and my place is overrun. When I was a kid I would only occasionally see them in the garden on squash or melons, but now they are everywhere.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My house was overrun with them two years ago. I would close the curtains and where the folds were there would be a hundred of them. I cannot tell you why they have become such a plague the last few years, though.

Probably Obama's fault, though.