Strife, War Thunder, or Infinite Crisis?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by InVolNerable, Apr 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Just built my own computer and the graphics card came with some promo codes for these games. I'm never going to play them, so let me know if you guys want some free money for them.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'll never play it, which means I don't need the code, but War Thunder looks good.

3. InVolNerable

I built it to play Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Those are pretty much the only games I play now that NCAA is discontinued.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sure War Thunder is free to play, pay to win.

5. InVolNerable

All of them are. It's $50 of store credit per game. Gave away War Thunder and Strife already. Infinite Crisis is still up for grabs if anybody wants it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

screw that, let's talk about elder scrolls and fallout. Which ones you playing?

7. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I started playing oblivion on my laptop, I put about 300 hours into it on my 360. It's a lot better in PC form. I have fallout 1, 2, and tactics downloaded bit I haven't played them. I have 3 and new Vegas for 360.

8. InVolNerable

Fallout 1, 2 are amazing. Before that I typically only played sports games.

I started playing 3 a while ago on a shitty computer so it wasn't really worth it. Just finished up my build last night so I started again last night. Maxed out everything, it's pretty sweet. I heard New Vegas is meh.

I have Skyrim on PS3, but I've always wanted to mod the **** out of it and play it that way. I'll wait for a Steam sale on it then grab it. I'll get the new one on release day, which apparently might be sometime next year, possibly as early as March.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

New Vegas is closer in feel and style to 1 and 2, in terms of plot and themes. It is a more interesting game world as well.

That being said, there is something about 3 that makes me prefer it.

Broken Steel is practically a must-have expansion for Fallout 3. I also liked the Pitt. The others were meh.

10. syndicate

Operation anchorage was pretty good.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't like how, without spoiling anything, the whole way the game worked was altered. But the loot is amazing.

12. InVolNerable

Should I try to play through first? Or go ahead and add the expansions?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well... At the time of release, the original ending of FO3 was controversial. It is sort of... abrupt. Maybe play through the core game first, but when you are getting to the finale (which is pretty well telegraphed), keep a save game. Then you can decide whether you want to extend the game beyond the original ending with Broken Steel. For the other expansions, it is up to you. I tend to leave them for later anyway. So maybe just play the core first. I think you'll at least want Broken Steel eventually though.

14. syndicate

You can add the expansions when you install the game. You don't start the expansion quests until you want to. You get a message on your pip boy about them when you first start a game but that is it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

With the exception of Broken Steel which turns the ending into an open-ended one and then adds more quests to the main line.

16. syndicate

You also get the level cap raised. At least I think so, it's been years since I've played fallout 3.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

yep. From 20 to 30.

18. InVolNerable

Obviously it's not exactly the same, being a first-person rpg, but how does it stack up to 1 & 2 in terms of gameplay/storylines?

19. InVolNerable

Also, anyone tried out Cities: Skyline? Seems pretty awesome. Almost as awesome as this game: I am Bread

20. syndicate

I want to try it since ea ruined Sim city, but I always miss the steam sale.