Tauren Poole on the Radio Now

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 29, 2011.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Kiffin's boys looked a whole helluva lot better than our men did this year. Just the way I see it.

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

God Bless Poole for overcoming being 4th on the depth chart in 2009 and becoming the starter.

Sure, it took one guy graduating and others transferring, but damn it he did. True Vol. Bleeds orange. Just didn't want to on Saturday.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Couldn't possibly have said it any better.

5. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

Read all the way through. All the way through..... it's easy once you try it. College kids are no where close to men until they've been there a while. Most of ours haven't.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Poole has and he had two years of Dooley to convince him UT was a good choice.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Neither have Kiffins.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One guy blowing out his knee before transferring too.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley isn't a leader of much or else the team wouldn't have quit on him.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm not sure I understand this. What did Dooley lead our men to do this year?

11. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

I can't argue with that.

12. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

Stay out of jail?

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Gotcha. Malik should find a roster somewhere.

14. cotton

Reaching hard, aren't you?

15. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

I don't think so? It's correct, is it not?

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It's correct, and it's nice, and it's commendable, and it doesn't mean shit if you're 5-7 with a loss to Kentucky.

17. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

I never implied it did JT5. I was simply responding like everybody else does. Not asking anybody to agree with me.

I forget y'all will argue just for the sake of arguing. I can dig it though. I like doing that too sometimes.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Doodles has done a fine job leading the team right off the cliff. Anyone who would follow that rube anywhere gets what they deserve.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How many of Kiffin's recruits are incarcerated? I'm pretty sure that was Austin Johnson's drunk ass getting arrested before the season. I guess Doodles wasn't in a "leadership" posture that evening. Jaq Smith also got arrested for busting a kid's face under Dooley's watch. Pretty sure a cop got the hell beat out of him at Bar Knox during Doodles' tenure. I guess all you have to do is sound like a character on Green Acres when you speak and wear hideous creamsicle trousers and the Big Orange World forgives you your trespasses.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  20. cotton

I suppose, if you discount cop stomps early in his tenure and only count player suspensions and expulsions as minor annoyances if they don't result in incarceration.

Fine leadership, there. Top notch.