Tennessee Bubble Watch Central

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 6, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I will lift up my eyes to Tubby Smith, from whence cometh my help. If you can identify why that is a vicious shot at most Kentucky fans, 1,000 e-cred points.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Had to google the story, Hat. I won't give it away in case someone else can claim the e-cred points.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

avoided bad losses, beat Michigan State.

the middle of the profile is about the same, our top is a lot better and our bottom is a lot worse. I have no idea which one will carry more weight. Without Michigan State, I'd say our top would. As it is, it's very close. But a win over Ole Miss gives our profile a boost in the middle and keeps us in the conversation for one more day

again, I'd like to make it clear that this is NOT my area of expertise. I'm looking at numbers and guessing as to what will carry the most weight. But my opinion right now is that Northwestern and Seton Hall are the last two in and that we'll jump both by beating Ole Miss

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Didn't google, but doesn't it have to do with Rupp saying a similar scripture? May be pulling that out of my ass. But useless shit like that takes up space in my head at times.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Im sure it involves mmfm but not positive.

I've always liked tubby. Like him a lot more tonight.

6. hatvol96

You are correct, sir. Rupp always explained his reluctance to recruit black players by paraphrasing the Bible verse into "I lift my eyes up to the mountains, from whence cometh my help."

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Looking at their results, they've lost to everybody who's worth anything in the B10 with the exception of the W over MSU. Fair to say that's a better win than any 1 win we have, but outside of that, I don't see what else they have.

I'll 100% agree with the bad loss portion. Not sure there's a worse loss in the nation than at home against APSU.

I just don't see a whole lot of achievement on NWern's profile.

8. hatvol96

Cincinnati lost at home to Presbyterian.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

*Chubb standing tall in the first half.

*somebody had to

10. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Cal and Tex down early. USF in a scrap. I'm up for a little late night bubble apocalypse.

11. Tar Volon

Really need a comeback out of Cal. Be even nicer to couple it with wins by Notre Dame, Iowa State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Colorado.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

So who has lost that we needed. NW?

13. Tar Volon

And Seton Hall yesterday. Washington's loss was probably the biggest, as it makes the Pac-12 a potential one-bid league if Cal can run the table.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Nice.

UGA throwing a punch for us. I think MSU is on thin ice if they lose tonight.

15. Tar Volon

Yeah, I can't imagine them surviving a loss tonight unless everybody anywhere close to the bubble keeps losing.

16. Tar Volon

Looks like Cal will close it out. Iowa State and Georgia Tech aren't helping though

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Forget about the yellow jackets. Worthless bastards.

18. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

ND down 1 with 3+ to USF

Texas up 4 with 2 1/2 on Iowa St.

19. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Ugh... Iowa State tied it up at 65 then choked. Texas up 3 and shooting FT with 20 sec

20. JohnnyQuickkick

well, ISU not helping