Tennessee Bubble Watch Central

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 6, 2012.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Havent been this nervous for a game in a long time.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ditto, I'm pretty much worthless at the office today.

3. hallowed_hill

Im sure your productivity will pick up when you get the 4 monitors going in a couple hours.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I still don't understand this "Washington won the Pac-12, they have to be in" stuff. They have ZERO top 50 wins. And two sub-100 losses. And if you want to talk about margin, how about them losing by 25 to Oregon? Or by 19 to Colorado? Or by 19 to South Dakota State? Or by 13 to St Louis? But yeah, pulling hard for Cal, Memphis, USM, and Temple and St Louis in the A-10. Also pulling against St Joe's and Xavier. And NC State and Miami. And I'm sure a couple of others.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good matchups left for cal in the pac-12 tourney. colorado is on it's 3rd straight game and ucla is just a good matchup for cal. our depth sucks though so i'm still not convinced we will the tourney. god i hope ucla doesn't win it.

6. Tar Volon

Didn't UCLA already get eliminated by Arizona? Aren't we down to Cal, Colorado, Oregon State, and Arizona? Go Bears!

7. CardinalVol

SEC
    ACC
    Big-10
    A-10

It should.

And I think you have a party or something you are supposed to help with today. You better get to work.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

brain fart. arizona is not as good as a matchup for cal.

9. Tar Volon

Go Bears! Go Beavers!

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We should get it done if we play ball but Ole Miss has the ability to muck it up and make a game ugly and you never know.

11. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

I like this thread, dudes. Thanks for keeping me updated on whats happening. Sounds like everything is coming together for an NCAA birth. Hopefully our boys will take care of business tonight.

Go Vols!!!

12. hallowed_hill

Facebook stalker. As long as I get the big ticket jackpot on chuck e cheese pop-a-shot basketball, I will consider my work done. And I always do. The other kids start crying as soon as I walk through the door.

13. CardinalVol

St. Joe's down at the half.

14. CardinalVol

It has nothing at all to do with us, but Indiana/Wisconsin is a really good game so far.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Virginia just [uck fay]ed us.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Just lost. This helps us a little, as long as Umass doesn't win out.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not sure how many more games the rest of the way that could screw us or help us but,

Whats the feeling on tonight?

1. Win and in? (Barring 5 teams winning their tourney that are not in the field)
    2. Win and need some more help?
    3. Only way in is win 2 games?

18. Tar Volon

By my assessment of the resumes, it'd be #2. But the reality is "win and be subjected to the caprices of the selection committee." Win two games and generally avoid the caprices of the selection committee.

19. Tar Volon

As far as games left that could really screw us or help us:

1. Miami vs Florida State. Miami jumps us with a win.
    2. The A-10. We need Saint Louis (or I guess the Xavier/Dayton winner) to win the championship to keep UMass/Bonny out
    3. The Pac-12. Arizona, Oregon State, and Colorado could all steal an auto-bid. Cal is the only legit at-large team left in the bracket.
    4. CUSA. USM is down right now, so go Memphis

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Im having a heart attack watching this game.