Tennessee right in the thick of things with JW3

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by volwarrior33, Jun 22, 2012.

1. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

Tennessee has apparently made a big move with him and he will visit officially in the fall. I hadn't really even heard his name in connection with Tennessee in close to a year, and now Lewis is saying that Tennessee has quietly made its way right into the top group. Lewis hinted that if he doesn't receive a UK offer by the end of July, then Tennessee is in good shape.

Said Hubbs, Nichols, JW3 is the class the staff wants, and that class is possible.

Johnathan Williams III - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I would be amazed if UT landed all three

3. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

It would certainly put to rest any concern people may have about Zo's ability to recruit. If they were somehow able to pull it off, it would be a top 3-5 class nationally.

4. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Not even going to get my hopes up. Glad CCM is putting up a fight, though.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The problem with that scenario is that if Kentucky doesn't offer, it will be a good indication they are going to get Julius Randle and the Harrison twins.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UK is going to pull elite prospects no matter what. If that is what has to happen for UT to land those three, then so be it.

7. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

That would be a nice way to rebound on the recruiting trail. If that happened I will thoroughly enjoy hearing Memphis sports talk radio.

8. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

UK pays too much; that's a fact.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pay? Young players would crawl on broken glass to play for Calipari the way he is winning games and getting guys into the league. As a tennessee fan it sucks, But that doesn't mean we should just make shit up.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The only part of that I disagree with is the your assertion that Cal is "getting players into the League." It's more like Cal is getting NBA ready players to take a little pitstop at UK before going where they are always going, the NBA.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

That may be so, but that means from a recruit's perspective being good enough for Cal to offer IS being NBA-ready.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Agreed.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

UK was paying players when Cal was in diapers.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

They don't need to pay players where they are right now.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Very true but old habits die hard.

The one thing that can wreck Cal is the one thing that can wreck Saban at Alabama, an idiot booster.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Calipari has a stranglehold on the whole thing. He'll be king for as long as he cares to be.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Both are too smart and too in control to let that happen.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think so too but the level of insanity on those two fanbases are hard to contain.

19. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

An SEC coach told me John Wall was paid while at UK. Also said if you want to recruit players from the ATL Celtics you have to pay up. The guy who ran the Celtics happens to be on staff at UCLA now. The Celtics are sponsored by Adidas which also happens to sponsor UCLA.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If there is no evidence, it might as well not have happened even if it did.