Tennessee's 2015 schedule has been released

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Oct 14, 2014.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Its definitely a huge concern. I think we'll be fine at WR, TE and RB. But the OL hasn't improved any this year. I didn't expect a complete 180 but they've shown no ability to improve this year. QB will once again be a huge question mark. I think Dobbs will be the best option next year but who knows what his ceiling is.

An even greater concern, is will we see any staff changes on the offensive side? Like you said, defense should only get better. But for us to make a big jump next year the pieces will have to fall just right on offense.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Sunshine Pumper of the 8th Maxim

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

But let's play Dooley's advocate. We're playing like 2 guards at tackle, and a guard at center. This line is ****ing idiotic. Even with a lot of the same pieces, it may be a much stronger unit when you have more than 2 guys playing their actual position. We're getting killed the most from the tackle spot. We have no tackles.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Always good to have a couple.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The Butch era

5-7 to 7-5

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

No excuses, there are 8 wins in year 3 on that schedule. If they can't produce 8 wins, I doubt Butch ever does anything on the field here.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kendrick, Sanders and Blair are tackles.

Recruiting wise:

Jack Jones is a tackle, they wanted Chance Hall to be a tackle but he tore his achilles.

They don't seem too concerned with getting tackles here.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It should be, with a championship contender in year 4.

That's a demanding but not unfair timeline, IMO.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The east is primed for the taking

10. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

The loser of the Arkansas- tennessee gets canned first.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

And it'll be Kentucky doing it.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We do, and no one on the line is playing well. You put Kerbyson at guard and maybe it's better but not by much. They're soft. Mahoney is soft. They're going to continue to be soft for as long as Mahoney is here. He needs to be gone. So many spread teams have much more physical lines. Georgia ****ing Southern has a more physical O-Line.

13. volinbham

volinbham Member

Might have to head up for the UAB game

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

2 are RS FR and one is a JR. They're all on the bench.

They're on the bench in favor of an obviously horrible converted Guard and a true Freshman that was a C in HS.

The fact they are trash this year, unless this is some "give me more freshman and excuses" play by Jones, makes me think they'll be trash next year.

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

My wife, myself and our will-be-then 1 year old will likely be there. Looking forward to it. Short drive from H'ville.

16. volinbham

volinbham Member

It will a "paycheck vs alma mater" showdown for me. The last one almost had paycheck winning.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pretty much.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

8-4 or GTFO

19. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

you're a professor at UAB right?

20. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

One of those wins should include Alabama or Florida if he expects to stick around.