Tennessee's Identity

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ptclaus98, Nov 13, 2017.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Identity wise, I think both the "fighting Grudens" or the "fighting Chuckles" have decent rings as terms of endearment/alternate monikers.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If you're talking in terms of style, may I respectfully suggest a pumping on the brakes. I don't care whether we run the focking triple option, air raid, or anything in between. And you shouldn't either. If we can win with it, run it.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

While I agree, I also acknowledge that would have been a tough call to make in real life.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That's not the question I'm asking, the one I'm asking is which one identity do you think provides us the best chance to win given all the variables that we face. In my opinion, you want to win the SEC at Tennessee, your best chance is to do it with the trenches, run the ball, stop the run. I never specified how or what formations we'd use, but I think that's how you do it at Tennessee. There are a few coaches who I think could win regardless, but I think that should be the formula.

I think a few guys that are looked at as failures in coaching would have been much more successful here, again, IMO.