That’s It

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 14, 2023.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Even ‘85 GaTech

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I wanted Milton to do well. He ain’t it.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have issues. Joe has issues. OC has issues. We have Dayne Davis playing center at UF and RT today so we have tackle issues. We have Ollie issues. And we don’t really want to admit we are far from wru. We are having trouble getting space and Keyton looks like he’s wearing Casey Clausens shoes. We don’t have weapons out there outside of squirrel.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I got 8 million reasons he’ll wait it out.

NorrisAlan, zehr27 and ole_orange like this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not to mention he knows the job is his next year. No more time left for Milton.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah. I ain't chanting that game in my head. It is not one of my favorite games (tie score aside). IIRC Robinson got hurt the week before at bama? Dickey was not Tony Robinson. Reveiz did kick 2 50+ yard FG to keep us from losing. And they did go on to become the Sugar Vols. But nah, that game does not get me in my Zen space.

8. TDVol1989

I left early and heard the cheer of the tying FG outside the stadium. It was one of those “at least we didn’t lose” games. But no warm fuzzies

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ties actually being a very common thing for decades is a feature of the game I’m glad I missed. I just wasn’t even alive or old enough to ever remember ties being around. What a weird feeling that woulda been. Football games should always deliver a winner and loser. No in between

10. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

"Ties, and no playoffs. Why do you even do this?" -Ted Lasso

utvol0427 and TDVol1989 like this.
  11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And I don't think that Squirrel was targeted until the middle of the 3rd Quarter.

12. TDVol1989

Imagine one of the most treasured seasons in Tennessee Football history ending in a 9-1-2 record…ranked #4. The 2 ties UCLA and GaTech. And the 1 MF loss being…the damn Gators. I will miss playing them because that frickin team haunts me

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The worrying thing is the regression. He is getting worse as the team around him is getting better. He's not the type of guy to handle pressure and his brain just doesn't work. But they won't make a change until 2nd half of Kentucky at the earliest.

14. Ssmiff

I couldn’t believe he ran out of bounds on the free play and knew what was coming vs a run blitz. One thing though is he did lower his shoulder a couple times later and took out their badass mlb. Just another brain fart at the time. People mention feel. It’s not a lack of effort. Some, like EB, have elite feel on the field. Joe just doesn’t have it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He lowered his shoulder and took out their corner and then immediately threw the end zone int.

I do like the speed option we ran though.

justingroves likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just don’t think his braìn processes things like “free play, where are the sticks” when bullets are flying

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  17. Ssmiff

Hate to say but that was a JG type decision and throw. Stared. Late. Not open. Didn’t see safety. Bad timing. The whole JG package in one play. Shoulda tucked it and picked up 5.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

that interception was beyond terrible

19. Ssmiff

Has to be frustrating to Heup. He sees it. He’s coaching him to see it. Think you are right about under the lights. There are a shit ton of good practice players at this level.

20. JohnnyQuickkick