That’s It

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 14, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It happened right in front of me. It was never there. All I could think was tuck and run because it was covered from the start.

justingroves likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It doesn't and it's obvious.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

For this offense to be what it needs to be, our qb has to tuck the ball and extend drives. Has to be able to run rpo and keep the ball. Pretty much the case for the top tier college teams. Have to have it

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If Milton beats Bama he will turn into a totally different player. I will call it now. He doesn't act like it off the field but confidence is something he is lacking on the field when the pressure is on. Take some of that off of him and he will play loose and will look more like he did vs Clemson. Now with that said he is not beating Bama.

Tar Volon, Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. Ssmiff

We aren’t beating bama. Afraid our pass rush will keep getting upfield and their qb runs for 200. We may see more zone to force him to make accurate throws as his best ball is deep ball vs man.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They will run all over us if we play zone. Play man and blitz from all over.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's my concern. If the defense can play disciplined and contain Milroe, it's a winnable game because I don't think Bama is that good.

8. Ssmiff

Will see how it plays out and we are better on defense when blitzing but we really haven’t faced a 4.5 qb and have given up some long qb runs. If blitz doesn’t get there he’s gone. Only game he looked good was vs man all day and hit deep balls or took off. Force him to make reads and throws like teams are forcing Milton to make.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The florida game is all the evidence I need for this team to never play zone again.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And the USCjr game from last year.

11. Ssmiff

Just saying those are two accurate qbs who aren’t a run threat more than a throw threat.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And it's the 2nd time he's done that exact thing, so not like they haven't seen it on film and addressed it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think there’s no fixing Milton at Qb.

He’s a coach killer player. His potential is out of this world but he can’t just play and is timid and late.

justingroves likes this.
  14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah you had to be smoking hopium to expect he was going to kill it this year. And the verdict is clearly in. It also isn’t clear Nico offers tremendous improvement at this point. Not saying he’s bad but he’s a freshman. We aren’t beating Bama or UGA. Let Joe go out and take those Ls and then there might be a decision to make.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't given up hope entirely. I just wish he would play intense/angry all the time but without the dumb pick.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He doesn’t have to be great, just make a few damn plays

OneForVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ainge 06/07 level play and we’re golden.