The 2014 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, May 8, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Specifics? I must have overlooked those. Care to remind me?

Also, what argument are you referring to? There is no question that Russell was a complete failure. I'm simply telling you I saw it coming. Jamarcus Russell was literally a running joke between a buddy and I. (a) his tendency to inexplicably and inexcusably just throw the ball to the other team, (b) his guaranteed eventual overdrafting on account of the fact that he "could throw the ball 60 yards from his knees", (c) the absurdity of valuing a player on such a characteristic, and (d) his guaranteed unmitigated failure at the next level. This was literally a running conversation that we had.

So I'm not arguing anything. I'm telling you that his failure was inevitable because he was never even any good in college, and anyone who wasn't a full-blown retard saw it happening years before it did, in fact, happen.

Now what exactly were you saying?

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Well yeah, when "the start" consists of Russell not doing anything football related during a hold-out that lasts through week 1. Then showing up so overweight that he's developed sleep apnea. It's not too hard too see why he wasn't going to be successful and it had nothing to do with his abilities.

3. kidbourbon

I never thought a thing about Flynn when I was actively mocking Russell. I was merely actively mocking Russell for his laughable 20 yard overthrow interceptions. And actively mocking the GM who would eventually get a raging boner over his arm strength and draft a QB who had no chance of doing anything but failing miserably. I thought we'd covered this ground.

4. kidbourbon

No. See above.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

What exactly was I saying? Funny you ask that because you've spent many posts criticizing my assessment of Russell - he failed because he was a shit human being that wasn't invested in being a success once he got paid.

You've also clearly made two arguments.

1) that you knew Russell was going to be a failure in the League way before anyone else and it had nothing to do with his widely reported nonexistent work ethic.

2) you contradicted my reply to kpt when you quoted it, and wrote the "Yeah, he (Russell) was a lot worse (than Flynn). See above(referencing a previous post that didn't exist)"

So that's two things I've stated that you've made an effort to piss on by quoting them, saying I was incorrect, and countering them with points.

Since then, you've backed out completely on your claim that Flynn was better than Russell while still attempting to save face by throwing in a "I've thought we've covered this ground already." Which WE hadn't, I simply stomped a new ass hole in your statement by posting their comparative stats.

As I type this I'm sure you're continuing the clown act of quoting points I've made just to say "*contradictory nonsense*. See above." Then when I follow up on "See above." I see some asinine statements about how he wasn't even a good QB in college, when in all actuality he was without a doubt one of the best in the country by the end of his career.

6. kidbourbon

(A)
    Long before anyone else? No you're just making stuff up. Try not to do that.

I claimed that I knew he was going to be a failure when he was at LSU. I also claimed that this should have been obvious to anyone who was watching LSU games and wasn't retarded. Put those two together and what do you get?

(B)
    I did nothing of the sort. You wrote:

And I replied with:

And this is true as I may not have even known who Matt Flynn was in 2005 and 2006, which is when I was actively mocking Russell in the manner discussed at length in various posts above.
    And this is in no way inconsistent with me replying to your post:

With:
    And here's where I'll be nice. I'm not going to call you a full-blown retard for interpreting the above as "Yeah, he was worse (than Flynn)." I'll simply say that it's unfortunate that you interpreted it that way as "Yeah, he was worse (than a game manager)" was the appropriate interpretation. See how nice I am?

(B1)
    See above. I never compared the two. If you want to start a separate thread expounding on kpt's open question then maybe I will, but i haven't in this thread.

(C)
    No, not even a little. It's going to be hard for you to stomp a hole in my "argument" when my "argument" is actually just a statement of fact, and one that I've stated now several times. Please see various posts above.

But if it makes you feel better, then sure thing, [penis].

(D)
    I'm sorry that in your world he was a good QB. In my world, both him and his eventual overdrafting and subsequent failure were a running joke. Perhaps I watched more LSU than you.

i'm now concerned that we agree on Manziel. Can you please change your opinion on Manziel and predict that he'll be a bust in the NFL? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Never make a lettered argument post directed at a lawyer. You're going to have a bad time complete with subsections and footnotes.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He legitimately struggled to beat him out. Also, between 06 and 07 LSU made an awful OC change.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I meant I was laughing at him being taken number 1.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There was a thread on VQ over who deserves credit for Jawuan James, seeing as he was a recent first rounder. Consensus over there is that it's Dooley. Because he was a part of Dooley's class (nevermind that he was an early enrollee) and Kiffin never coached him (as if he received any coaching at all from Chaney, etc.).

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird how Kiffin gets no credit for anything, despite being the only coach to provide a winning season in like six years.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It all shifts around. Couldn't get credit for Da'Rick Rodgers, either, until he left.

13. kidbourbon

But he didn't have a southern accent.