The Bet

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

9 to go...

On a positive note, I think we've found our offensive identity. Suck for a good part of the game and get the other guys to cough up
    the ball 5 times.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Every time I come into this thread I think of this.

[video=youtube;W9qnycjeZ3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9qnycjeZ3w[/video]

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's run left, run right and hope the defense makes stops

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And forces 6 fumbles a game.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hey, the bad snap was a screw up, but Kendall Vickers running a rb down and stripping or TKJR hammering a guy were defensive players making a play

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree but that ain't happening every game.

7. Savage Orange

I feel like I should just go ahead and pay up... This team just doesn't know how to win. I hate to see what really good teams will do to this squad.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am willing to chip in, as a representation of my social values. This is a failure for the whole village

9. Savage Orange

I really thought this team would be able to rise above the coaching but apparently I was wrong... What should have been three convincing blowouts have been at best, sporadic glimpses into what could be but there has been a lot left to be desired so far. I don't see these guys holding up under any serious adversity from an even mediocre SEC foe. Whatever the spread is next week, take Florida and the points...

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Opened 9.5 favorites... take Florida now for easy money.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If I knew how to legally place a wager, I would. Florida being 9.5 point dogs to us is as much of a lock as I've ever seen.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Is this a serious spread? Thank god for Internet gambling

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That is opening spread as of Wednesday.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

All i see is 3-0.

15. Savage Orange

I hear you, but I haven't seen anything whatsoever to justify my preseason excitement about what this team could be. The Shoop hire really sent me over the edge thinking that the defense was going to start slamming the door on teams comeback attempts but so far, against mediocre at BEST competition, they haven't been anything at all to write home about. Unless they've actually been holding out until league play starts (which I seriously doubt) to start showing the whole playbook this team is going to cost me $50 before Halloween even gets here... Florida sure isn't scared to come into Neyland with a backup QB and leave with a W...

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The defense has played extremely well considering the spots they've been put in

17. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Defense would look a lot better if they'd clean up the penalties. They've extended too many drives already because of dumb penalties

18. Savage Orange

Great plays followed by dumb penalties = average. If they cut out the penalties that unit can be really special but so far they're only a portion of what they COULD be.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Post whistle focus.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm ready, and have been since about practice 2, for some post botch focus.