POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Trump was criticized for how his administration was treating the people, not for people being there.

Ie: Biden catching hell for people showing up. Trump not catching hell for people showing up.

They both caught hell for treatment, and should. But Biden seems to be, now, for addressing detainment conditions by spending money.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which, paradoxically, he ALSO gets shit for. Which shows that it isn't genuine but just political shit throwing.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who on the right do you think it is I am deflecting from? Drop a name or two.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

From the right. You know, what Ssmiff is criticizing me for saying and then "deflecting" away from right here and now in this exchange. Crickets from the right.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"Noone on the right cared the last few years". Ok IP. Whatever you need to tell yourself or deflect to some bullshit. I dont know anyone lefty or right who thought keeping people in crates was ever a good idea, so again, your bias has served your wrong again, as you generalize millions of people. The issue most have is how politicians raised hell, called them nazi camps, talked of how disgusted they were. Now, shockingly with a dem pres, AOC and others aren't down there raising hell anymore. Why? Because of dumbass politics and the dumbass people who only form opinions based on red or blue. "Noone on the right cared" you said. Disnt Obama build those things? Where were you then?

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What is going on now is a crisis of the Lefts making. It is disingenuous to claim to be surprise when people pushing immigration friendly policies for decades take control of the Federal Gov't and citizenship seekers respond.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

How dare you come in here with logic.

8. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's also horseshit, like the crocodile tears the right is suddenly developing for the conditions on the border when they ignored much, much worse treatment and policies towards the well being of these people for four years. Or, like this was a worse crisis in 2019 and pretending this is suddenly a thing created out of thin air. Instead of bullshit skin deep theories, perhaps an accurate and deeper rendering of the situation is in order.

This being, first of all, this is the part of the year in which border crossings rise anyway. Secondly, the situation in many countries in Central America have dramatically deteriorated due to government issues and a series of devastating hurricanes last year and this rise has been occurring since last May. Also, the Biden administration has to deal with a massive backlog of asylum requests and cases which the Trump administration failed (refused) to address.

So, this idea that the border became a crisis magically in the last few months is complete and utter bullshit, complete [uck fay]ing bullshit, no matter how many times Ted Cruz is "taunted" on the border by cartel figures. I can fault Biden on a few items, like a fairly slow response to creating more facilities (which he's currently addressing and getting shit for spending money on, too), but this narrative he's, or the left, has caused this is nonsense, almost as much as the absurd notion these people were "invited" by Biden and Dems.

Quite frankly, much of this border stuff isn't even occurring as a response to policies by the government, in most cases. This is a response to conditions in their own countries and perceived opportunities elsewhere. Border crossings go up when conditions in Central America are bad and go down when they are good. The issue on our end is, usually, how we treat them when they get here. But, for sure, they are coming.

11. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I’m absolutely shocked this is your take. It’s all Trumps fault and here comes the Biden administration to save the day!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  12. Unimane

I'm absolutely shocked you don't have a response with, you know, facts and stuff.

Point being, my take is actually reflecting what's happening other than your usual "Democrats and/or lefties bad!" take. Easier to make quick and smarmy quips, I suppose, than to make an argument, especially when delving a little bit into the matter finds your position a little lacking.

If you want to make the argument the Biden administration could have had a better, more decisive response, I'm game. If you want to make the argument this is a crisis of the making of the Biden administration, I'm going to have the biggest eye roll ever, almost as much as Republican cries about the conditions in these facilities.

13. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

For the most part I actually agree with you on the crisis being out of his control. However I’ve had a long day and I’m on my IPad so I don’t feel like going into a dissertation into “facts” on either side as I don’t have a keyboard in front of me to prepare a properly worded response. How is the response from Ted Cruz any different from the constant grandstanding the left did on a regular basis under Trump?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you demonstrate that there is more of a rush than there was in 2018 or 2016?

15. Unimane

Because they (the AOC's of the party who went to the camps during the Trump years and were so vocal about them) didn't pretend to give a shit about something for which they didn't care about when their guy was in power, as Cruz did. In fact, there have been some distinct criticisms of Biden over his policies and actions in regards to the detention center which are consistent to the positions they took when Trump was in charge. It's just that Biden has indicated he gives a shit about it, whereas Trump did not, and simply isn't moving fast enough to their liking, making them . I'm fine with those folks because they haven't been shy about criticizing Biden, even times when I feel it isn't warranted.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a game that is played where this constant issue is ignored by the Right until it can somehow be blamed on political enemies.

2014: https://www.vox.com/2014/10/10/1808...-children-rio-grande-valley-obama-immigration
    https://www.americanprogress.org/is...ral-america-root-causes-and-policy-solutions/

2016: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...and-unaccompanied-children-jump-dramatically/

2018:
    https://apnews.com/article/38870e6a25d5469292253b4b716ecc17
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/world/americas/migrant-caravan-trump.html

And now. It's a game. Biden and current policies have nothing to do with it. It happened under Trump too. But you didn't have 18 senators standing on the banks of the rio grande grand-standing about it as if it just occurred for the first time.

17. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

There is no arguing with you man, in your eyes AOC and her compadres are a godsend and are looking out for everyone while the entire right are evil and hate all people of Color. This is why I don’t like arguing politics with one side or the other, there is no middle ground. I just want honest to god discourse and you can’t provide it , you aren’t capable of it.

My best friend from UT is as liberal as they come and my wife is as conservative as they come. I can’t have discourse with you as I can’t with them, they are just to set in their mindset. Like I said I’m no huge Trump fan but can actually see the good he did as well as he was an arrogant [Penis].

It isn’t meant as a slight to you it’s just what it is. I like to consider myself moderate/lean right and we can agree to disagree.

zehr27 likes this.
  18. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Ummm how about AOC and her “squad”?

19. Unimane

What the [uck fay] are you talking about? I'm, literally, making an argument. Can't you provide an argument here? It shouldn't be particularly hard, if you think you're right. My position is Cruz is a grandstanding tool in a way the other folks you suggest are not. You, somehow, extrapolated a whole bunch of shit to put in my mouth from there.

I mean, I literally say "I'm fine with those folks because they haven't been shy about criticizing Biden, even times when I feel it isn't warranted", so, no, I don't think AOC are are a "godsend" and other nonsense. Shit, I even said, twice, I had issues with some parts of Biden's response on the border response. I also never said anything about the the entire right being evil and hate all people of color, or anything of the sort. I'm not even sure where the hell this came from.

Seriously, what the [uck fay] are you talking about?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

consistent criticisms even now with biden. consistency can be very bewildering to those whose only position is to "own the libs."