POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What a world we live in.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We will get through it. Much like any evolutionary system, there will be starts and stops and dead ends and fall backs, and society is just that, a big ole evolutionary system.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I think the people who find that offensive would be shocked to learn the true % of people that are on their side.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It must be the doctors and medical professors who are wrong about biology. It can't possibly be that the term "woman" is no longer considered synonymous with possessing an XX chromosome... I mean de la Chapelle syndrome is just some stupid medical thing that demonstrates someone outwardly male can actually be genetically female, and that it isn't as simple as balls or ovaries.

Accepting that a trans person by definition is someone who is born with one set of biology but experiences life as a gender which doesn't correspond to that set is what is occurring here. Which is more reasonable: that the human condition can be more complex than the physical body, or that dOcToRs dOn'T kNoW wHeRe bAbIeS cOmE fRoM?

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How can a person can experience life as something they biologically...aren't?

6. HCKevinSteele

Dude. That’s all fine I’m with you on all that. But you understand when push comes to shove people don’t generally talk or think in these insane terms in every day life. The people who drove the public discourse to the point that that man felt the need to apologize so strongly don’t have good intentions like you do. You’ve gotta get that.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get it. To be personally offended over something impersonal is in itself a mental weakness. I'm just saying, there are dudes who can get pregnant. Like you see them, and you know they are not a lady. They are a dude. They may have female tackle and blueprints, but they are dudes.

8. HCKevinSteele

Were they born looking like a dude or did they take hormones and all that jazz and have surgeries to look like a dude? Either way I’m fine calling them a dude, letting them use the dude’s bathroom, all that. But, if they did, it’s just not an honest conversation, that’s where you lose a lot of people.

If we’re talking about a person who has female parts and the world would look at them and assume it’s a dude, what % of trans people does this apply to? There can’t be very many of those folks.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not out inspecting the undercarriages of folks much so I couldn't hazard a guess. It doesn't bother me. I don't know all the genders either. But it does not concern me that there are people who claim to be something other than a man or woman, and I don't think it in anyway conflicts with biology or even necessarily relates to it. I don't think they are being dishonest or are any crazier than I am. They're just different. I've never for a moment doubted I am a guy, so what do I even know about someone being "confused" or thinking they are something else? Nothing. Accepting people as being who they say they are is easy, I have found, once I quit trying to relate my obviously different experience to their's.

I am sure I will still get yelled at and offend people somehow. But I'm not looking to argue who they are with them any more than I would someone who was born male and identifies as a man.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't know that people care so much about how people live their lives. Sure, some do because they're just assholes and judgemental. It's the wildly disproportionate responses that make the topic even pop up in daily life. I suppose that's true for anything.

justingroves and HCKevinSteele like this.
  11. HCKevinSteele

Again I’m with you on all of that. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to say what I said, if it’s possible then show us. I’ve never seen or heard of a trans person that met my description (or the reverse). I’m like you I don’t really want to bother them, but if as a movement you’re going to be aggressive and shame people then you have to be honest.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You know, that is a really fair observation.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

But how would we know? I am pretty confident that there are more non trans people that could pass for trans than there are trans people that do not pass. Because ultimately we are all people.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Gotta go full Trump and grab 'em by the privates to know for sure. I won't be participating.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The person chose to self-modulate their words, for whatever reason... they chose to. That's a great world we live in. You may not think it necessary, that person did. That's freedom to choose.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

For fear of repercussion (i.e., firing, loss of income, problems for family, etc.). Is that really freedom to choose?

zehr27 likes this.
  17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yes. Yes it is.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

freedom of choice, or else. Not really what freedom of choice is about imo.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is an identical argument to what anarcho-communists make regarding housing and food costing money. Just sayin'.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Do you want Death by bullet or electricity?

You mean I have a choice. God Bless America!!

Indy likes this.