The Dline

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 25, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Remind me, why did he transfer to begin with?

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Don't get ahead of yourself.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I think it was more of a frustration thing than anything else. He played in every game as a freshman but missed a month this past season due to a knee injury. Saw limited action after returning from said injury.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Of course the arrogant assholes in Ann Arbor are saying that he didn’t like going to class and that the rigors of their academics made him want to transfer. Also he apparently is lazy and plays with no heart.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sick grandparent

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I STILL maintain that a player should be able to transfer with no more restriction than a student has to transfer. I.e., probably once but possibly twice if they were doing it early enough to still have time to earn half of their credits from the institution they will graduate from.

I wonder how the NCAA could explain this special penalty student athletes face, in terms of not being allowed to participate in a sport when they are otherwise a full-fledged student in good standing?

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Depends mostly on UT scoring more points.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You sound like you have a position on the TSSAA.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

All student athletes should get one transfer without any penalty. Especially if the NCAA isn't going to compensate them for their talents.

After the one then it should be a case by case basis.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

One transfer, anywhere, anytime (so long as it’s the off-season) and be immediately eligible.

Bama doesn’t want this rule, and Georgia damned sure doesn’t. That’s enough for me to want it, but it’s also the right thing to do.

Memtownvol, Volst53 and VOLinDAWGland like this.