The Dline

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 25, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The NCAA admissions people supposedly meet on Mondays to rule on things like this

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Michigan has 3 transfers still waiting to hear at other schools. This could be Michigan holding up the process.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think it's "could" anymore, it is.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

holding it up ought to work in the players' favor. clearly those institutions have motives outside of the players' welfare issue process if they are slow to release information or transcripts. Seems like a good reason to transfer.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Good point.
    Hopefully this gets resolved before Pruitts contract year.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You'd think

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

meant to say "welfare or fair due process", but you guys get the point.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just write another check and send it up to Indianapolis already.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That’s not where you mail’em to buy anything we now need.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Is the NCAA not in Indy anymore?

11. Tenacious D

I wonder / have read things that Solomon’s transfer was privately denied and that the “delay” is due to TN appealing it.

And, I’d wager a Diet Coke that Harbaugh and Michigan have absolutely fought it tooth and nail, and with the Big 10’s help.

There was an article a few years ago, back when Harbaugh was doing his traveling camps, that explained his belief, and which many other share, that the SEC’s superiority was best and most closely attributed to the dearth of quality OL / DL players in the South, and which isn’t as plentiful or as game-changing in other parts of the country. The story was basically that it wasn’t merely attributed to just being in the same geographical area that had “better athletes” - lots of places have excellent skill players - but if you wanted to compete against the SEC, and for titles, then you’d better be able to hang with them in the trenches, and that means getting your OL / DL in the South. That’s why he was camping in the SE U.S., and why he isn’t going to just sit back and watch a 5* DL who he plucked away to now just leave, and play immediately. And just as no other non-SEC school would want to similarly allow.

I am guessing, of course, but will almost guarantee that Michigan is most likely to be a big part of the holdup on Solomon.

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  12. Tenacious D

It is.

That there are much better places to send money, than to the Indy / the AA, is my point.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Hit man?

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

NCAA denied Michigan transfer Myles Sims today. He was trying to get in at Ga Tech.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

so is it just a no on solomon? why does this take so long? if it is this unclear, he shouldn't be sitting.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

meanwhile Fields starting for OSU

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Maybe this is just the Tennessee fan coming out in me but I'm guessing it's going to be a no.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Hes been going last in DL drills for a couple of weeks now. The staff is probably not counting on him getting eligible but if he does it'll be a plus.

19. Tenacious D

Universities + governing body who represents all universities + accusation of racism = absolutely zero opposition + immediate approval.

We can call it whatever we want, but that's the difference.

justingroves likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

If he has a lawyer, which I believe he does, they can always file something in federal court, IIRC.