The Dysfunctional Browns

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Many of you have asked, and continue to wonder, "What went wrong?"

Here's a pretty good clue, as to the mindset and goings-on, of some.

Well, it's not like this stuff just started recently. It's just the first time it's being reported, albeit elsewhere.

And so, when we talk about meddlesome ego-maniacs who care more about being constantly stroked than anything else - including winning.....think about this. This is what we are talking about.

From the article:

Emphasis (laughably) Mine.

Link: http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12129878

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Hoyer should have been benched following the Jax game early in the season.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can't comment either way, having no idea.

But, I can say that it should be solely left to the coaches to decide, in any regard.

And the list of coaches who would tolerate someone texting suggestions during a game - or anything remotely akin to it - is not likely a coach that you want running your team / program / franchise.

Honestly, it is the apex of hilarity for me to watch the same people who lord over minions in the collegiate ranks, and for years, now encountering an NFL crowd.

For some newcomers, it must be quite a shock when they are unequivocally told to go jump up their own asses, and get f'ed (literally and figuratively).

It has been a rude, rude, rude, awakening, thus far, for some. And I am thoroughly enjoying it.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

benched for who? clearly not manziel

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'd venture to guess Mike Pettine signed off on this input in exchange for being plucked from obscurity to coach the Browns.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

for whom*

7. InVolNerable

Almost as hilarious as having your AD come down and argue a call for you.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you are just jealous man

9. InVolNerable

You are just jealous, man.*

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Manziel may not be better than Hoyer but he's def not worse. Hoyer strung together weeks of Brandon Weeden ineptitude.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not convinced at all that he's definitely not worse.

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Qb play has been terrible since their return.

Who has been their most consistent qb, Kelly Holcomb?

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm convinced you didn't watch Hoyer flounder against terrible defenses.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Derek Anderson imo

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is probably why getting a new AD or coach is pointless right now.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

floundering is better than what I saw manziel do.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sending text messages regarding playcalling and personnel during games is pretty stupid. On the other hand, owning a NFL team and having zero input on personnel, playcalling, etc. is akin to buying a big, expensive dog and letting him take a dump in your house wherever he pleases.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Time and place though, right? You hire the coaches for a reason. I see what you are saying though.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Definitely, the in game stuff is just plain foolish. All I mean is that, if I being a football fan came into possession of a football team, I'd have say in whatever I felt like whenever I felt like. I just think you'd have to be pretty stupid to get very involved unless your coach and gm were just plain bad.

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

As a Browns fan, it looked to me like the coaching staff was intentionally trying to David Carr him. They allowed Hoyer to be ineffective all season against the likes Jax, Oakland, Houston only to throw Manziel to the wolves against the defensive murderers row that closed out their season. That is coaching malpractice.