The Dysfunctional Browns

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Jan 7, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm probably going to enjoy watching Jimmy screw this already screwed up franchise more than I should.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I found it to be hilariously satisfying.

3. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

So...how accurate would it be to say that Haslam was both directly and indirectly responsible for the clusterf**k in Cleveland -and- Knoxville?

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

shocking!

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Manziel's biggest problem is that he doesn't get that he doesn't get it.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

His biggest problem is that the Browns were dumb enough to think that it would be in his best interest to redshirt him when in his head that's obviously going to be translated as "I get a whole year of being rich with no accountability? Where's my damn coke spoon!?!"

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

But, but, but, but he put up a quintillion points at A&M.....

9. cotton

I tried to quote from the article but couldn't last night. I thought a couple of things stood out, one of which echoes what you just said:

"During the draft process, not one person interviewed by the team said he was going to grow up," an anonymous Browns scout said. "You can't blame Johnny. This is who he is. The team knew that."

The other one is self explanatory. Keep in mind, this is gameday morning:

Team security drove to Manziel's home that morning, according to the report, and found him in bed "drunk off his a--." He watched the final game from the Browns locker room.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This will be the single quickest NFL investigation, ever.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And wait until some stupid organization drafts Jameis Winston.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that was Saturday morning, not Sunday.

13. cotton

The paragraph in total, emphasis mine:

"Manziel also was fined when he was absent from team activities the morning before the season finale against the Ravens. Team security drove to Manziel's home that morning, according to the report, and found him in bed "drunk off his a--." He watched the final game from the Browns locker room."

To me, that means gameday morning, but either way, when team security has to come get you, it is not a good sign.

14. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

The ESPN article (on Manziel, not the OP) goes into a little more detail. They were looking for him as they were packing for Baltimore on Saturday. But you're right, either way he has to grow up and I don't think he will. It's not often that a first round pick becomes a bust so quickly.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Other than Clay Travis, Jerry Jones and the Browns, not sure who else wanted Manziel.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kidbourbon

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Also some homeless guy in Cleveland apparently