the "God I Wanna Puke" game thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 28, 2014.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The hips riding up under Jarnell were the tell and the refs know it. It wasn't remotely the right call. Talking heads supporting it to kiss AA ass is ridiculous. The idiocy about the follow on steal is idiotic. It was a shooting foul.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It was a blocking foul and a reach-in foul. Sad.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Considering virtually everyone seems to think refs suck, you'd think a commentator could really stand out by being the lone guy that calls them out on bullshit. I wonder why it rarely if ever happens.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They get paid by networks maintains contracts with the AA.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Where is Bobby Knight when you need him?

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Shocked at the rebounding stats last night. Maymon was on the floor why?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"Chicken shit zone defense"

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Announcers in UD/UF game are subtly calling the charge call from our game bullshit

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Subtlety about it is crap. It was an atrocious call.

Looking back at it, playing Maymon more than token minutes was the biggest issue. He didn't board so we didn't.

10. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

I exchanged a few texts today showing my disgust of the foul with a buddy of mine. His response:

the defensive player is squared to the hoop and feet planted, that's all he has to do, Tenn player lowers his shoulder which usually goes against the off player everytime. The contact happened even though it wasn't intentional, it's called a charge 99% of the time. The flop was there for sure and you can't change that. it sucks I know and I'd be pissed if it were my team. Hell of a season and ended on a bad note for sure. But it is what it is.

11. USAF_Vol

He also harped on the blown review just prior with Maymon and the out of bounds. Said we got it and scored to put it close that shouldn't have been.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Disagree. Angle didn't prove a thing. The world isn't two dimensional and just because the images of Maymon's hand and the ball intersect does not mean they touched. No way they could legitimately overturn the call on the court.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Arizona just got screwed too. Last seconds of the game.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Lol - Morgan moved directly in front of Stokes into his space.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

He is wrong

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Did he mention the phantom foul on Maymon right before a TV timeout late in the second half where it should have been a turnover? Come back from the break and they show a replay and the commentators were talking about how bad of a call it was. Michigan proceeded to drain a three on their free possession.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Refresh my memory. Why would it have been a turnover?

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure the Michigan player lost the ball out of bounds as he was driving.

19. USAF_Vol

I didn't see what happened with Arizona. Anyone have a link to it? I'll start looking for something.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yep